~21~

3RD PERSON POV

The silence of the dorm wrapped around San and Wooyoung as they stepped through the door, the weight of the hospital visit still clinging to them. The usual bustle and laughter of their bandmates were absent, replaced by a stillness that seemed to amplify Wooyoung's inner troubles.

He moved almost instinctively to the couch, his body sinking into the cushions as if trying to escape the heavy cloud of guilt that had settled over him. His eyes were distant, reflecting a storm of emotions, the most prominent being regret.

"I shouldn't have let it get that far," Wooyoung whispered, his voice barely audible, a stark contrast to his usual vibrant tone. "I've caused so much worry, and now, seeing the others so stressed because of me... it's too much."

San quietly approached, sitting down beside him. He reached out, placing a comforting hand on Wooyoung's shoulder. "Hey, look at me," he urged gently. When Wooyoung's gaze met his, San continued, "You're allowed to make mistakes. We're all human, and we all have our moments. The important thing is that you're okay now, and we'll get through this together."

Wooyoung's eyes filled with unshed tears, the kindness in San's words piercing through the guilt. "But I've added to their burdens," he said, his voice cracking with emotion.

San shook his head, his expression soft but firm. "You're not a burden, Wooyoung. You're our friend, our family, my love. We care about you, not because we have to, but because we want to. Don't carry all this alone. Let us be there for you, just like you've been there for us so many times."

The room was quiet again, but this time the silence felt different, less oppressive, as if San's words had lifted a part of the weight from Wooyoung's shoulders. They sat together, the bond between them a silent promise of mutual support and understanding, a reminder that no matter the struggle, they would face it as one.

As the afternoon light began to wane, casting long shadows across the dorm, Wooyoung allowed the truth in San's words to seep in. He had always been the one to lighten the mood, to dance around playfully and make the others laugh. It was a strange role reversal, to be the one in need of comfort, but it was a role that San embraced without hesitation.

"You remember that time I tripped on stage?" San said, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "I felt so embarrassed, like I let everyone down. But you were the first to come to me, telling me how epic my recovery was. You didn't let me drown in my embarrassment."

Wooyoung couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle, the memory a bandage to his aching heart. "Yeah, I remember. You were like a cat, so agile," he said, the warmth returning to his voice.

"That's right," San replied, his smile growing. "And now it's my turn to remind you that it's okay to stumble, to fall. What matters is that we pick ourselves back up. We've all been there, and we'll all be there for each other, no matter what."

Yunho entered the dorm, immediately spotting Wooyoung and San cozied up on the couch. He and San were scheduled for an appearance but decided to cancel it to be with Wooyoung. He walked over with a warm smile and plopped down beside them.

"Hey, Woo, how are you feeling today?" Yunho asked, his voice filled with genuine concern.

Wooyoung smiled, appreciating the care. "I'm doing better, thanks for asking, Yunho."

Yunho nodded, satisfied with the answer. "Glad to hear it. So, I actually have a free schedule today, and I was thinking... How about we move my stuff out of San's room so you can move in, Wooyoung?"

Wooyoung's eyes widened in surprise. "Wait, what? Really?"

San chuckled, giving Wooyoung's hand a reassuring squeeze. "Yeah, Yunho and I talked about this a couple of weeks ago. We thought it would be nice for you and me to have our own space."