~41~

WOOYOUNG'S POV

I walked out of the dorm, suitcase in hand. As much as my body wanted me to turn around, I kept going forward. Each step felt heavier than the last, but I knew I had to keep moving. The city was eerily quiet at this hour, the only sound being the distant hum of cars passing by. I made it to my car and opened the trunk, throwing my suitcase in with a thud. The sound echoed in the quiet night. I closed the trunk and quickly got into the driver's seat, my hands trembling slightly as I gripped the steering wheel.

Taking a deep breath, I pulled out my phone and dialed my mother's number. The familiar sound of the ringing tone filled the car, and I felt a lump form in my throat. As I waited for her to pick up, memories of home and family flooded my mind, making the moment even more poignant. I remembered the smell of her cooking, the warmth of her hugs, and the way she always knew how to make everything better.

Finally, she answered, her voice soft and slightly groggy. "Hello?"

"Mom, it's me," I said, trying to keep my voice steady. "I'm on my way home."

There was a pause on the other end, and I could almost picture her sitting up in bed, worry etched on her face. "Wooyoung, is everything okay?"

I took another deep breath, feeling the weight of my decision settle on my shoulders. "No, Mom. I... I broke up with San."

The words hung in the air, and I felt my chest tighten. Saying it out loud made it all too real. My voice cracked as I continued, "I just couldn't do it anymore. It wasn't working, and I... I had to end it."

Her voice softened even more, filled with the unconditional love that only a mother can give. "Oh, sweetheart, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

And that's when it hit me. The reality of what I'd done crashed over me like a wave, and I broke down, tears streaming down my face. "I don't know, Mom. I thought it was the right thing to do, but now... now I just feel lost."

"Come home, Wooyoung. We'll figure it out together," she said, her voice a soothing balm to my aching heart. "Drive safe, and we'll be here waiting for you."

As I hung up the phone, a sense of relief washed over me, but it was mixed with the deep pain of heartbreak. I started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. The road ahead was uncertain, but for the first time in a long time, I felt like I was heading in the right direction, even if it hurt.

The drive wasn't long. When I made it to my parents' house, I was greeted by my mother and father. She immediately came outside and hugged me tightly as my father got my suitcase out of the trunk. I tried to keep myself together, but I couldn't help but cry. Not only from the San issue but because I missed her. After a couple of minutes of our embrace, I pulled away. She wiped my tears and said, "Let's get inside and settled."

I followed her into the house, the familiar scent of home instantly comforting me. My father brought my suitcase inside and placed it by the stairs. The living room was just as I remembered, filled with family photos and the warmth of countless memories. My mom led me to the couch and sat me down, her eyes filled with concern and love.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked gently, sitting beside me and holding my hand.

I took a deep breath, trying to gather my thoughts. "Mom, Dad... San and I got into a huge argument. It was all because of my closeness with Yeosang. San came home and found us sleeping in Yeosang's bed together. Nothing happened, but San was still really upset."

My dad sat across from us, listening quietly. He nodded, his expression understanding. "Relationships can be tough, son. Sometimes, misunderstandings can really hurt."