~38-

⚠️ chapter contains homophobia & homophobic slurs. pls don't continue if those topics trigger you ⚠️
—————————————————————
SAN'S POV

Yunho, Mingi, and I got into our car while the others climbed into the separate one. As soon as we settled in and the car started moving, Yunho turned to me with a concerned look on his face.

"Hey, how's Wooyoung doing? I haven't really talked to him much lately," he asked, his voice filled with genuine worry.

I leaned back in my seat, thinking about Wooyoung. "He's been okay, I guess. I've been staying up late to keep him company. He seems to appreciate it."

Yunho frowned slightly. "San, you need to take care of yourself too. You can't just focus on Wooyoung all the time."

I nodded, offering a small smile. "I know, Yunho. I'm trying to balance it. But it's hard when you see someone you care about struggling."

Yunho sighed, clearly understanding where I was coming from. "I get it, man. Just don't forget to look after yourself. We need you healthy and strong too."

I chuckled softly. "Thanks, Yunho. I'll keep that in mind."

The ride was short, and before we knew it, we arrived at the studio where we would be getting ready for our performance and interview. As we stepped out of the van, the bustling energy of the place hit us immediately. Staff members were rushing around, setting up equipment and making last-minute adjustments.

Walking inside, I felt the familiar rush of adrenaline that always came with performing. The stage, the lights, the atmosphere—it was all so exhilarating. I exchanged a glance with Yunho, both of us feeling the excitement in the air.

"Ready to give it our all?" Yunho asked, determination shining in his eyes.

I grinned, my earlier worries about Wooyoung momentarily forgotten. "Always. Let's do this."

With that, we joined the rest of our group, ready to face whatever the day had in store for us.

We immediately started our practice run-through of the performance. Everything flowed smoothly, and the energy on stage was electric. My vocals were in really good shape today and I was ready to showcase it. The successful rehearsal only heightened our excitement for the real performance.

After finishing the run-through, we headed back to our dressing room to start getting our makeup and hair done. As I waited for my turn, I found it increasingly difficult to keep my eyes open. The late nights with Wooyoung were catching up to me. Mingi noticed my struggle and walked over.

"Hey, San, you look exhausted. Why don't you switch places with me in line so you can rest a bit?" he suggested, concern evident in his voice.

I looked at him gratefully. "Thanks, Mingi. I really appreciate it."

Now from being 3rd in line to 7th, I let myself give in to the fatigue. Before I knew it, I had nodded off to sleep, catching a few precious minutes of rest.

As I drifted off, I could hear the muffled sounds of the dressing room around me. The chatter of my bandmates, the clinking of makeup brushes, and the occasional burst of laughter created a comforting background noise. After some time I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder, shaking me awake.

"San, it's your turn," Mingi's voice broke through my slumber.

I rubbed my eyes and stretched, feeling slightly more refreshed. "Thanks, Mingi. You're a lifesaver," I said, standing up and heading to the makeup chair.