~45~

WOOYOUNG'S POV

As Yeosang and I entered the dorm, we parted ways. He headed to his room to pack, and I went to mine. I glanced at the couch and noticed San wasn't there. I wondered if he would be asleep in our room or not. With this hope, I walked into our room and saw San sitting on the floor, packing his bag.

I paused for a moment, taking in the sight of him meticulously organizing his belongings. The room was filled with a quiet sense of urgency. "San, you're here," I said, my voice a mix of relief and curiosity. He glanced up briefly, his expression neutral. "Yeah, I'll be done soon," he replied, folding another shirt and placing it carefully in his bag.

I walked over and sat down on the edge of my bed, the weight of our unresolved issues hanging in the air. "San, can we talk about everything?" I asked, hoping to bridge the gap between us. He didn't even look up this time. "Not now, Wooyoung. I need to focus on packing," he said, his tone shutting down any further conversation. I felt a pang of frustration and sadness, but I stayed quiet.

I watched San pack in silence for a few more moments, but I couldn't keep quiet any longer. "San, please, we need to talk about this," I said, my voice trembling slightly. He looked up at me, his eyes cold and filled with hurt. He shut his suitcase roughly, the sound echoing in the room.

"I don't want to talk to you, Wooyoung," he said sharply. "You've been avoiding me ever since you got back. But you're all over Yeosang, like I don't even exist. Do you have any idea how that feels?"

I opened my mouth to respond, but he cut me off, his voice rising with each word. "I sat around waiting, dreaming of the day you'd come back so we could try again. I cried every night making myself sick over you, but all you did was ignore me and rub your new boy toy in my face."

I felt a lump in my throat, but before I could say anything, San shook his head. "Save it, Wooyoung. I'm done waiting for you." He turned away, leaving me sitting there, stunned and heartbroken

I couldn't let San walk away like this. I reached out and grabbed his arm to stop him. "San, wait," I pleaded, my grip firm but gentle. He turned to me, his eyes glistening with unshed tears, and my heart ached at the sight.

"Do you even know how much it hurt?" San's voice cracked, his emotions spilling over. "Last night, I saw you and Yeosang in the kitchen, laughing and playing while doing the dishes. That used to be our thing, Wooyoung. We had that moment together once before."

I felt a pang of guilt as I remembered the night he was talking about. It was a simple, happy moment we shared, and seeing the pain in his eyes now made me realize how much I had taken it for granted. "San, I'm sorry," I began, but he shook his head, tears finally spilling over.

"You don't get it, Wooyoung. I was waiting for you, hoping we could have those moments again. But you just ignored me and flaunted the person who caused this mess in front of me. How could you do that?" His voice broke, and he turned away, pulling his arm from my grasp.

I stood there, at a loss for words, as the weight of his revelation sank in. The realization that Yeosang was the reason behind our breakup hit me like a ton of bricks. "San, I... I didn't mean for this to happen," I finally managed to say, but it was too late. He left me standing there, grappling with the consequences of my actions.

I didn't know what to do. My mind was racing, and I started pacing around the room, wondering if I should go out there and fight for this or give San his space. Every step I took felt heavier than the last, the weight of my indecision pressing down on me.

Should I chase after him and try to explain everything? Or would that just make things worse? Maybe he needed time to process all this on his own. The thought of losing him again made my chest tighten, but I didn't want to push him further away by not respecting his need for space.

I stopped by the window, looking out but not really seeing anything. My heart was torn, and I felt utterly helpless. I just wanted to make things right, but I didn't know how.

I decided to give San the space he needed and started to pack. Dropping down to the floor, I opened my suitcase and began to throw my clothes in, one by one. As I packed, I couldn't help but rehearse what I would say to San.

I rambled to myself, trying to find the right words to make this all okay and get my boyfriend back. "San, I never meant to hurt you. I didn't realize how much seeing Yeosang and me would affect you. I just... I miss you, and I want to make things right."

Each sentence felt inadequate, and I kept starting over, hoping to find the perfect way to express my feelings. "San, you mean everything to me. I know I messed up, but please, give me a chance to fix this. I love you, and I can't imagine my life without you."

The words tumbled out in a disjointed stream, but I hoped that somehow, they'd come together when I finally got the chance to speak to him.