~48~

SAN'S POV

The next morning, I was jolted awake by loud banging on the door. I groaned and yelled, "What?" in an annoyed tone. From the other side, I heard Hongjoong's voice, "Are you ready? We're about to leave."

I sat up quickly, muttering, "Shit," under my breath. My heart raced as I realized how late I was. I jumped out of bed and dashed to the bathroom, thankful that I had decided to shower last night. I quickly brushed my teeth, the minty freshness helping to wake me up a bit more.

I threw on some comfy clothes, opting for my favorite hoodie and joggers, and grabbed my phone from the nightstand. I took a quick glance in the mirror to make sure I didn't look too disheveled. Satisfied, I hurried to the door and swung it open, ready to face whatever the day had in store.

I opened the door to find an annoyed Hongjoong standing there. "Sorry, hyung," I mumbled sheepishly. He sighed but nodded, accepting my apology. "Just hurry up next time," he said, and we immediately headed to the car.

As we joined the others, Seonghwa and Mingi both playfully scolded me. "Finally decided to join us, huh?" Seonghwa teased. "Did you sleep through an earthquake or something?" Mingi added with a grin. For the first time on this trip, I found myself genuinely smiling.

We all piled into the car and headed to the venue for today's concert. The excitement started to build up in my chest, and I couldn't wait to get on stage and perform.

When we arrived at the venue, we all headed to the dressing room area to chill. Each member started doing their own thing, creating a lively and relaxed atmosphere. Hongjoong was setting up his camera to record some behind-the-scenes footage, while Seonghwa and Yunho were busy taking selfies and group photos. Wooyoung and Yeosang were huddled together of course, laughing as they reviewed their latest TikTok attempts, trying to perfect a new dance challenge.

The room was filled with a mix of laughter, chatter, and the sound of music playing from various phones. The energy was contagious, but I decided to find a quiet spot on the couch and stay to myself. I pulled out my phone and started scrolling through social media, catching up on messages and checking out the latest updates.

As I scrolled, I couldn't help but feel a sense of calm wash over me. It was nice to have a moment of quiet before the chaos of the concert began. Every now and then, I'd glance up and watch my friends, grateful for these little moments of normalcy amidst our hectic schedules.

My peace and quiet was interrupted when Hongjoong came over with his camera to film for our logbook. "San, what are you up to?" he asked, pointing the camera at me. I looked up, slightly startled but then smiled. "Just scrolling through my phone," I replied.

Hongjoong decided to interview me, asking playful questions about the upcoming concert and our trip so far. "So, San, how are you feeling about tonight's performance?" he asked, grinning.

"I'm excited but a little nervous," I admitted, scratching the back of my head.

"Don't worry, you'll kill it as always," Hongjoong reassured me, giving me a playful nudge. "What's been your favorite part of touring ?"

"Definitely the fans. Their energy is just incredible," I said, my eyes lighting up.

Just then, Yunho and Seonghwa noticed the fun and joined in. "San, tell atiny how you almost missed the car this morning," Yunho teased, making everyone laugh.

"Hey, I was only a few minutes late!" I protested, laughing along.

"Yeah, but those few minutes felt like hours," Seonghwa added, chuckling. "Remember when you couldn't find your other shoe in Japan?"