𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗼 𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘁

【 ᴅᴇɴꜱᴇ!ꜰ!ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ 】❝ 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵/𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘺 ❞▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

【 ᴅᴇɴꜱᴇ!!ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ 】
❝ 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵/𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘺 ❞
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

                    "―and then I slammed my blade right into its ugly mug!"

He couldn't believe it. He wanted to, but after countless days wondering what happened to you ― if you were dead or alive, Marco hesitated believing he was finally seeing you once again amongst your friends who listened to you rant about your recent (dangerous) adventure.

Seriously, you were always too reckless for your own good. But none of that stops an emotional Marco from hastily approaching.

"Hm? Oh, hey Marco―" He wrapped his arms tightly around your shoulders. "Aw, hugs are nice!" You patted his back, not minding his tears or why he was hugging you. You turned back to your friends with Marco still crying into your figure. "So, as I was saying!"

They sweatdropped at the scene.

"Uh, we'll hear the rest of your story later, (name)." Armin nervously smiled while shooing the others away to give you two some much-needed space.

"Aw, man! I was just getting to the good part!" You pursed your lips, still not minding Marco's silent sobs and tightening hold. "Anyway, what's up, Marco? You want to hear―"

"I― I'm..."

"Hm?" You look at Marco's tear-streamed face projecting a wide smile.

"I'm just so happy you're alive!"

"Of course I'm alive!" you proudly boasted, hands on your hips. "What?! You think I'm so weak I'd let some walking meat take me down?!" Mhmm, meat...

Marco softly laughs. "Of course not. You're way too strong for anything to bring you down."

"Damn right!" You huff. Now I want some meat.

"You're always amazing, (name)..." He softly continues speaking. A dark blush coats over his freckles. "You're resilient and brave...beautiful yet tough..."

"I don't really know what you're talking about, but they sound like compliments, so I'll take 'em!"

He laughs again.

"They are." He drops his hands down over yours. "They're...a― all the reasons I look up to you."

"I look 'up' to me too! It's quite the view, innit?!" You boisterously laugh before taking back your hands to stretch. "Welp, I'm bored now. Gonna look for someone to help me train!"

Despite being disheartened you have yet to understand his feelings, Marco keeps offering his presence. "Do you mind if I train with you?"

"Sure thing!" You flex your arm. "But I ain't gonna take it easy on ya! And you better make it interesting!"

"Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Ooh, you think Cap'n has some meat for us?"

"If not, I'll try my best to find you some!"

And he shall continue trying his best to make you understand, no matter how tough the battle and long the road. As long as you are safe and here by his side, it's all worth it.