[ 021 ] - Back To Normal.

·—★—·

·—★—·

Trigger Warnings for this chapter -
Implied child death, implied murder, panic attacks, the grabber mentioned..

·—★—·

"You're safe, okay? I'm sorry I brought.. him up, I won't again, not around you guys unless you bring it up first" Steve spoke quietly as he watched Vance.

He knew giving Vance a hug randomly would probably making him have a worse panic attack so he'd have to wait till Vance made the first move.

It didn't go unnoticed as Vance's eyes soften, he appreciated Finney Blake not bringing up the basement or The Grabber again.

It made his heart flutter slightly that the brunette cared enough about them to not wanna bring up something that hurt them all.

Vance masked his feelings well though, speaking with his normal attitude and a small scoff to try and cover it up, "oh really? Now you want to learn how not to be insensitive to people? Took you long enough, Finney Blake"

Steve gave him an embarrassed smile, it didn't go unnoticed to Steve about how the blonde had in fact called him 'Finn' moments ago for the first time ever, though he wasn't about to bring it up.

Vance spoke with a slightly mocking tone, "see? It's not that hard to show remorse and learn from your past mistakes, is it? Now you're just acting like a normal person, instead of an insensitive jackass who accidentally makes rude comments at the most inconvenient times"

Steve chuckled as he looked towards Robin, Bruce, Griffin and Billy who were all talking amongst themselves now making Vance follow Steve's line of sight, noticing the other ghosts were all chatting to each other.

It made them both feel a warmth in his chest, seeing them all chat and laugh again despite the horrors they'd all been through was truly beautiful.

A content and fond look appeared in Vance's eyes as he watched them as he spoke in almost a whisper to Steve, "they look nice, don't they? All chatting around each other and shit.. they all look like they're enjoying themselves.."

"Yeah, you want to go join them?" Steve asked making Vance's eyes widen slightly, he hadn't expected Finney to know him so well by now.

Vance definitely wanted to join them, he wanted to be with his boyfriend and friends right now.

That should of been obvious.

But he didn't want Finney to know that and have the satisfaction of knowing he was right, so he scoffed and rolled his eyes before saying in a sarcastic, light-hearted tone, "yeah. Sure. Guess I might as well go join them.. Now fucking scoot, Finney Blake, I have a boyfriend to go bug."

Steve laughs and moves back to let Vance pass as a small chuckle escaped Vance, giving Steve a mocking salute before walking towards the others and flopping down beside Bruce, wrapping his arms around his waist and burying his head into his neck.

A small smile appeared on Bruce as he wrapped his arms around Vance and gave him a light squeeze before says softly, "god, you're being awfully clingy now, huh? Didn't know you missed me this much"

And just like that, Vance was back to normal, a offensive tone in his voice, "shut up, you're the one who's clingy, not me."