[ 041 ] A Missing Kid And Evil Beings.

·—★—·

·—★—·

Trigger Warnings for this chapter -
Missing Will, implied child death, ptsd..

Note: this book being number one in the griffinstagg hashtag has me laughing, the little heathen is really taken over..

·—★—·

"Oh, hey" Jonathan spoke as he looked back at seeing Steve and Nancy standing just a tiny bit behind him.

"I just.. I wanted to say, you know, um.. I'm sorry about everything" Nancy tells Jonathan gently as Steve gave him a small smile but Jonathan ignored them to glance back over at where Barb, Carol and Tommy were all still standing.

"Everyone's been thinking about you" Nancy tells Jonathan making him focus back on her and Steve again.

"It sucks" Nancy added once Jonathan was looking back towards them while Steve sent her a frown, because obviously it sucked to have someone you know go missing.

Steve knew that.

It didn't mean she had to be so blunt about it though.

"Yeah" Jonathan breathed out as he looked over at Steve before settling on looking back at Nancy who spoke again softly, "I'm sure he's fine, he's a smart kid"

When the bell rang to signal the start of lessons, it creeped Steve out by making him flinch and let out an annoyed sigh.

"We have to go. I have a chemistry test and ..Steve's got basketball, Good luck though" Nancy tells Jonathan before she headed back towards Barb, Tommy and Carol.

"..if you need any help man, we can do that" Steve tells him with a small shrug as he watches Jonathan's bewildering expression before he too joined back up with the others.

"Attention. Faculty and Students. At 8:00pm tonight, there will be an assembly on the football field in support of Will Byers and his family. All are encouraged to attend. Volunteer sign-ups for search parties are still available in the office" the loudspeaker said filling the now empty hallways as everyone rushed to there classes.

·—★—·

Time had passed by relatively quickly, and it wasn't long before school was over as Steve was rushing home in his car after dropping the group at their own places.

He walked through his front door, immediately feeling his heart flutter at the sight of the five ghost boys all still gathered on the couch in the living room..

The sight of them was such a welcome and refreshing one now, and he felt his heart fill with affection, "Did you not do anything when I was gone?" Steve asked shutting the door behind him.