8 SANDALS

AVNI'S POV:-

I feel sleepy while reading the book. The book is amazing, but I'm not able to sit straight so I lay my head on the desk and soon enough sleep consumes me. After sometime I feel someone pulling my hair, but gently as if it's stuck into something. But I didn't pay any heed to it. Soon I heard a loud voice of something, as if someone had opened the room door with a thud. I open my eyes to see Arjun jii, is removing my hairs from his shirt button, he turns towards the door and I quickly separate my hairs from his shirt button and tap his shoulder. He comes out of a trace, and I sit properly on the bed. He sits beside me, and the person in front of us is none other than Aaru, my bestie. What will she think of me now?

"How are you Avu?" She asked me.

"I'm fine Aaru and trust me Aaru, I didn't do it purposely. Please don't think wrong about me". I said while joining my hands in front of her and my head hung low.

She quickly came towards me and hugged me.

"Shhh Avu, meri jaan. I know you bachaa, I know my bestie can never do something wrong". She said while rocking me like a baby.

"Sachi? You believe me?" I asked unsure and she nodded her head positively.

"Okay now tell me how you are feeling now?" She asks and I tell her about my health.

Then she dragged me towards her room, saying she needed my help. After that we spend our time, checking her make-up supplies, her trying lehengas, packing a few gifts for special friends and close family. Then we watched movies, had snacks, then dinner also went by without any fuss. After that we both slept together in the same room while talking about different things. The next morning we again go for shopping as Aaru has to buy sandals, the pair she bought is not matching her outfit properly, and she has to try her blouse for tomorrow. So me, Aaru, Vikram jii, Arjun jii and Dev left together in one car. Vikram jii has a meeting nearby the mall, so he also left with us. And the remaining of us left for the mall. Parking the car, we headed inside then to the 2nd floor to buy her scandals after half an hour she finally chose one. And Thank God she chose a pair. She requested me but I politely denied. She and Dev moved towards the shoes section to purchase a pair for Dev and I settled myself on the couch. Soon both of them returned and we headed towards the boutique.

While Aaru was trying the outfit, I decided to roam around. While roaming in the boutique, a lehenga caught my attention. A beautiful off white lehenga. I move towards it and check the price of it, when I pick the price tag my eyes come out of the socket. The price is ₹15000/-. I gently put it down and move towards where Dev and Aaru are standing. We all came out of the boutique but then suddenly Arjun jii said.

"Ohh I forgot something in the boutique. You all sit in the food court, I will be back soon". He said and left.

I move with Aaru and Dev towards the food court. We three settle down and the memories of that day, flow in my head.

"Avni Didi, don't be sad and don't think about that day". I heard Dev and snapped my head towards him.

"Yes Avu, Dev is right. Don't let her words affect you". Aaru said. I nod my head and felt someone sitting beside me.

"Bhai-sa you took so much time". Dev said and I turned to see Vikram ji sitting beside me.

"Hello, Avni. How are you feeling now?" Vikram asked politely.

"I'm fine and how was your meeting?" I replied and asked him politely.

"It was amazing and you know I got the contract also". He said grinning widely.

"Ohh great". I said giving him a small smile.

"Vikram what are you doing here?" I heard Arjun jii's stern voice.