CHAPTER 33

|AUTHOR|

They walked for a while taking in the ambience of the entire palace. They followed a small crowd of foreign tourists who gasped now and then as they spotted beautiful details and things around the palace.

The guide assisting the foreign crowd said that they were crossing the marriage hall, also known as Kalyana Mantapa. It was an octagonal-shaped hall used for royal ceremonies and weddings. It has a stunning glass ceiling and mosaic floors. The intricacies of the design were magnificent.

Priyanka craned her neck and gazed at the ceiling in astonishment. "I'm afraid that if you stretch your neck any further you might end up spraining it," Anurag muttered standing behind her. Priyanka chuckled and tilted her head slightly to look at him.

"Can you imagine how beautiful the marriage ceremony would have been here? The decorations, people in the traditional royal outfits, and the regal feast they would have arranged after the ceremony." Priyanka glanced around and slowly twirled aking in the entire architecture of the hall.

Anurag's lips curved into a small smile, he was happy she was enjoying. He would endure all the crowd and hassle for her without thinking twice a thousand times to see her happy and content.

He slowly pulled the camera from her hands. Priyanka raised her brows. "Go stand at the center. Let me get a picture of you." She grinned widely and nodded. Before taking her position for the photograph she kissed Anurag's cheek. He chuckled softly and shook his head.

She smiled as Anurag clicked her pictures. She pulled him beside her and clicked a picture with her phone. Once the brief photo session ended, they resumed their tour. They walked for a bit passing by a few halls along with the general crowd.

They reached the Diwan-i-Khas also known as Ambavilasa. This was a private audience hall used by the king to greet his special guests. It was beautiful and had ornate rosewood doors and ivory inlays. The ceiling was again adorned with beautiful chandeliers.

"It would be fun to dance here, don't you think? Twirling around and moving to some classical music." Priyanka stood next to Anurag and whispered. Anurag scoffed and shook his head.

"Ahh I forgot you don't like dancing do you? Wait do you even know how to dance?" Priyanka teased as they walked after clicking a few pictures.

"No I do not like dancing and it's not my forte," Anurag replied curtly and held on to Priyanka's arm when she stumbled slightly. He glared at an over-enthusiastic tourist who ran past them pushing everyone in the vicinity.

"Stupid man, can't he go slow! The palace is not going anywhere!" Anurag muttered and held her hand tightly entwining their fingers together.

Priyanka laughed softly and bumped her shoulder with his, "Relax." She whispered and patted his arm. He rolled his eyes.

"Wait, going back to what you said, you don't dance huh?" Priyanka asked and raised her brow. He frowned but nodded.

She grinned mischievously and wiggled her brows. "Well, then I think I have found a new purpose." Anurag gave her a blank stare as she chuckled.

"I will make you dance in the next couple of weeks." Anurag shook his head but his lips tugged into a small smile.

"Is that a challenge Miss Priyanka?" Anurag asked pulling her towards his chest. Priyanka chuckled as her back touched his chest softly.