93

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

Jasmine would love to say that the rest of her honeymoon was peaceful but that would be a lie. Someone took photos of her arguing with Aubrey on the beach and sold them to TMZ. So, the past week had been filled with phone calls from Aubrey's team trying to do damage control. CLB was coming out soon and this public spat shattered the image they were trying to create of the doting husband and father. They ended up having to cut the trip short and go to LA so that Aubrey could handle the situation at the office. She felt that she couldn't even be upset with him because it was her fault. She knew better than to act that way in public because they were always being watched.

Jasmine had stopped in Toronto to pick Adonis up and bring him to LA with them. She was petrified of what waited for her there. The paparazzi as well as her friends who she knew were worried about her. She tried her hardest to just push forward and she really had no choice but to. She had kids and they needed her.

She was currently sitting in Elle's backyard watching Abby and Adonis play on her swing set while she waited for Elle to bring Ayden down.

"Sorry, he's hungry." She came back feeding him a bottle

"It's okay." Jas nodded

Elle sat next to her and she finally laid eyes on little Ayden. He was the cutest little thing.

"He looks like Jason." She smiled

"Yeah I'm sick of him. I don't get any that look like me." Elle rolled her eyes

There was a silence.

"Tell me about what I've missed. How was your labor?" Elle asked

"Um-" She winced as all her mind could think of was her baby boy

"It was okay. I had a C-section." Was all she could muster

Elle nodded and grabbed her hand.

"I uh...I can't remember much except for Aubrey being at my side and- the nurse telling me that Aiden would be taken to the mortuary." She said plainly

"I'm so sorry." Elle sniffled

"It's okay, Elle. My doctor told me it would probably happen." She put on a brave face

"But I...I just can't imagine how hard that was for you." Elle furrowed her brows

She wasn't confused about why Jasmine was lying to her and shutting her out but it still hurt. Elle had been there when Jas was at her worst before and she wanted to be there for her now.