Add-on 58.1 : A brotherly bond?

3rd POV

The Leopard Palace was bustling with life, as always. The sunlight poured into the grand hallways, illuminating the intricate carvings and tapestries that adorned the walls. In one of the playrooms, Charlie and Luca (Caius sons), were wrestling and playfully biting each other's ears. 

Their playful growls and giggles filled the air as they tumbled around. With their small round furry bodies rolling around the palace floors. The gleaming light inside their room were filled with a bunch of toys and pillows.

When the door opened, Axel entered the room with a grin. "What are you little rascals up to?" he asked, crouching down to their level. 

The cubs, seeing Axel, pounced on him with gleeful yelps, nipping at his ears and pulling at his hair.

"Ow, hey! Easy there!" Axel laughed, rolling onto his back and letting the cubs climb all over him. They playfully attacked him, their tiny teeth and claws doing no real harm.

Both Luca and Charlie tails swayed happily. From their eyes Axel was their father, having bonded with him for a long time. The cubs having gotten used to the other big orcs around them and their mom began to slowly open up. 

As they played, Charlie and Luca both thought of that orc who looked just like them. Having golden hair and eyes. What's even more shocking was them seeing him morph into a leopard, more bigger and stronger than them. The cubs had already knew their mom Maxine had other mates, seeing how much time she and them were around. 

The two would usually seeing  the big leopard orc around them. Nearly every day after lunch time Charlie and Luca were dragged along with Caius. Even if they didn't want to refusing to come, they would see him around the corner watching them. As if he wanted to spend time with them. To them, they only look back with confused. 

Just then, Caius's voice echoed through the hall. "Charlie! Lucas! Where are you?". The door opened as the cubs saw the big leopard right in front of them. 

Caius entered the room, his eyes widening in surprise at the sight of Axel rolling on the floor with his sons. The cubs stopped and looked up at Caius, their ears perked in curiosity. They tilted their heads confused to what he wanted. 

Axel sat up, still holding Charlie, who was gnawing on his finger. 

"Hey" Axel said, first to greet him.

Caius stared at Axel for a moment before breaking the silence. "Thanks. I appreciate you taking care of them while I was busy."

Axel shrugged, trying to act nonchalant. "No problem. They're fun to be around."

Caius sighed, looking at his sons. "They really like you. Sometimes, I think they see you as their father more than me."

Axel, surprised a bit, tried to brush it off. But somehow he felt confident over what he had said "Of course they like me. They also like it when I cook for them."

The cubs gave Axel a doubtful stare, making him chuckle. "Okay, maybe not always, but I try." He  said, rubbing Charlie's head.

Caius shook his head. "I'm jealous, you know. They're mine." 

These words shook Axel, a bit offended over Caius's aggression out of the blue. It was a big win for Axel that Charlie and Luca saw him as their father but not Caius. It was true; they weren't his real sons but Axel grown to love and raise them as his own.

" But-"Caius continued on before Axel had to speak. 

"I been away from them for so long. I'm glad that Maxine and the cubs were with you during that time. They think you're their father, which I envy a lot. I have a long way to go before they start realizing who I am"

Axel raised an eyebrow, boldly responding, "It seems so, you're the one who's been away so of course Charlie and Luca wouldn't see it. I know they are your sons. I'll get my own cubs someday."

Caius felt a pang of guilt and turned serious. "I'm sorry, Axel. I want to make up for the past."

Axel huffed, turning his head away to hide his embarrassment. "So what? It doesn't matter."

"Your'e apology doesn't mean nothing." Axel bluffed, gritting his teeth. Though he liked hearing Caius finally caring and apologizing. So much time had passed that it was no longer needed. Axel's grudge over the past was long gone and the only time now was to move on.

Especially now that his older brother now had sons. Axel himself also was a part of it, having more than he wanted. A family he loved, to a caring mate.

The room fell silent, the two brothers at a loss for words. Charlie and Lucas, sitting on Axel's lap, looked confused at the sudden quiet. Usually, their father Axel was loud and fun.

They place their paws down patting on his chest wanting to know what was going on but Axel ignored the leopard cubs pats.

But as the room became real quiet between the two brothers. A miracle happened..

Their mom, Maxine, burst into the room. "Cubs!" she called out, and the twins ran to her, their tails swaying in excitement. She scooped them up, kissing their cheeks before noticing the awkward silence between Caius and Axel.

"Huh?" she thought

Maxine's eyes widened in surprise. It was rare to see the two brothers in the same room without one of them leaving. Caius had taken the lead this time, and she couldn't help but smile at the sight.

"You two should hug," Maxine said, trying to break the tension. Both brothers looked horrified at the idea, making her laugh.

Maxine set Charlie and Lucas down and stepped forward. "Come on, a hug won't kill you."

She pulled Caius and Axel into a hug, standing in the middle as both brothers stiffened awkwardly. Charlie and Lucas joined in, rubbing against Axel's legs, making the situation even more bizarre.

After a few minutes, the sound of voices outside the room brought relief to the brothers. "Did you see him eat that red berry whole? Raymond thought they were a fruit! It was clearly a vegatable" Sebastian's voice rang out as he and Rowen approached.

The door opened, and Sebastian and Rowen stopped in their tracks, staring at the group hug.

 "Huh? What the hell is this?" Sebastian said.  

Then began laughing at the sight of Axel and Caius looking so uncomfortable while the cubs and Maxine seemed to enjoy it.

Rowen gave a blank stare, taking in the strange scene. Seeing Axel and Caius silently pleading for help. 

Sebastian stepped back, mouthing, "You're on your own," while Rowen gave them a thumbs up at the bizarre scene before them. The two not daring to take another step inside the room, knowing that their wife will undoubtedly force them to join in.

They slowly closed the door and left quickly.

"Mabel and Reha might have woken up by now. We better go before those "three" get there first" Sebastian said and Rowen nodded. 

The two just having closed the door continued their talk to each other as they headed back. They hurried their pace a little knowing that with their daughter's might be done with their nap, fearing that the three older cubs (Sean, Sage, and Sam) might cause a ruckus without them present.