#KiaSal Forgotten Memoriae Drabble 2: Guessing Game

Audrey: I don't really like Paris.

Sal: That was random...

Audrey: (Shook her head and gave him a side glance) Ever since our Mecha unit crashed into the English channel, you have been sulking. So I decided to play a game.

Sal: (Visibly confused) Game?

Audrey:(Her fingers touching the English channel's cold and desolate sea water) Yep. In this Game, we have to speak out about what we dislike. As I said, I don't like Paris, so you have to say something similar. However, there's a twist: once we have said what we dislike, the other has to guess the reason.

Sal:(even more confused) I am sorry, what? Audrey, we are floating over the English Channel at midnight. It's October, and it's cold. The last thing I want to do is play a game.

Audrey: Just say it, brat.

Sal:(Glares at her) Fine. At the moment I dislike your company.

Audrey:(Chuckles, she knew he would say that) Is that so? Well, then, let me guess the reason.

Sal: Isn't it self-explanatory.

Audrey: When it comes to you, nothing is self-explanatory.

Sal: Whatever.

Audrey: You lied.

Sal: What?

Audrey: Ever since our Mechs crashed into the English channel, you have been in a bad mood.

Sal: Yep, and I just said your shenanigans are the reason for that.

Audrey: (Chuckles) The reason for your bad mood is that you almost let me get hurt by the Flying Honkai beast. When the attack began, you got cocky and forgot that you had a partner to look after. And at that moment, you put me in danger. Even though we somehow came out unscathed, you hate that you almost lost your ally because of your mistake.

Sal: If you already know it, why bother with this Game.

Audrey: Because in this line of work, we don't carry our burden alone, Sal. You made a mistake, and yes, everyone does that. But carrying the guilt alone that's never good. Learn from your mistakes; don't beat yourself up because of them.

Sal: It's so annoying to hear you say the right thing. Why should I go through this torture?

Audrey: Hey! I am trying to help.

Sal: I know, but I just don't like it.

Audrey: You are such a brat. Anyways, it's your turn to guess.

Sal: We are still playing the Game?

Audrey: Yes, what else can we do here in the middle of nowhere.

Sal: (Sighs) Fine, you don't like Paris because...did some French dude break your heart.

Audrey went silent. Her eyes watering up.

Sal: Wait, I was just joking?!

Audrey getting sadder by the second.

Sal: Tell me the name of that guy. I will make sure he can never date another woman again.

After that, Sal spent three hours comforting a heartbroken Audrey. This is how he learnt how to deal with girls during their emotional moments, especially Kiana. Though he never told the white-haired Tuna about this. Something told him that he might end up in purgatory if he did.