#KiaSal Drabble 9: Can't Stop My Heart From Breaking

A few days after the fight against Otto, Kiana had a very high fever (103). Sal was very worried and paced around the hallway the entire day. He was scared to go in as he knew he had hurt Kiana in Kolosten, and somewhere, the reason she was like this was because of him.

Bronya: Just go in.

Sal: It's not that easy, Bronya. I-

Bronya, being herself, pulled the boy by his wrist, opened up Kiana's door and shoved him inside.

Bronya: Was pretty easy now. (Smirks) Was it?

Sal: You are as bad as that Dumbo... (He mumbles)

Bronya: (Smiles) Take your time. Also, idiotka has a habit of seeing nightmares when she is sick. So remember to hold her hand.

Bronya closes the door.

Sal: You don't have to tell me...I know.

Kiana was on her bed, her eyes closed as the exhaustion from the fight and the fever caught up with her. As she tried to open her eyes, she felt someone holding her right hand. It was warm. It made Kiana feel safe.

Kiana: Sal? (She weakly calls out only to realize she was wrong) Mei Senpai?

Sal: No- I mean uhuh (He hums in agreement)

Kiana: I thought you were gone. Thank you for coming back.

Sal: (Silently hums as he feels his heart-wrenching. He knew she loved Raiden Mei; he has always been aware of it. Still, it hurts. It was painful.)

Kiana: (She is talking groggily) You know Mei? When you told me in Nagazora that feelings can change over time. (Kiana paused) I couldn't comprehend your words. I got even mad. I mean, I always thought I was madly in love with you. But then you mentioned Sal, and I paused.

Sal was confused, not understanding what Kiana was trying to say.

Kiana: It was weird, I mean, why did I stop when you mentioned him? Why was I feeling sad and even angry when you told me you had beaten him to reach here. I was confused. (Kiana lightly shook her head as if trying to deny her previous statement) Sorry I lied. I wasn't confused; I was a mess. And then you used your final attack on me. It was scary, Mei. I was terrified, but then I thought of Sal. Something told me he would definitely save me at a time like this.

Sal's eyes widened as he took a deep breath. His heart was beating fast.

Kiana: Sorry. (Kiana teared up a bit) Mei-senpai I am sorry. I tried to suppress my feelings; I really tried my best to love you and only you. I even wished for my other feelings to disappear, but it was impossible.

Her grip on his hand increased. Concerned, Sal averted his gaze towards the sleeping whitehead. She had tears in her eyes. She was crying.

Kiana: I am sorry. I am really sorry. I can't love you anymore, Mei-senpai. After all... No matter what I try, I can't stop... Loving Sal.