-41- Day 7

[Day 7]

Becky's pov 

It was my birthday today. And I never think of doing anything today to celebrate it. Lucky for those who's just going to remember and greet me because of it but seriously, I don't care. 

+++++++

Third person's pov

Becky slams her locker shut with a frustrated sigh. It's her birthday, but she couldn't care less. She's more concerned about the upcoming calculus test than any celebratory cake.

" Just another day. " she whispered. 

Suddenly, a chorus of "Happy Birthday" erupts from the hallway. Becky turns to see her friends, and Freen's friends—Bright, Nam, Irin, Noey and Heng, holding a colorful banner and a box of donuts.

" Happy birthday, Becky! " they said in unison. 

" You guys didn't have to do this. " I replied. 

" Of course we did! It's your birthday. " Heng answered, smiling. 

" And we have donuts! " Irin said, holding up donuts. 

Becky reluctantly takes a donut, accepting it for them to stop. 

" LET'S HAVE SOME FUN LATER!! " Nam invited them. 

" I can't, i have so many things to prioritize. " Becky said and leave them there. 

++++++

Becky sits alone at a table, attempting to study for her test. However, she's constantly interrupted by well-wishers.

" Happy birthday, Becky! " Sir Limcolioc greeted her. 

" A little something for you. " Another teacher gave her a small box. 

" Happy birthday, Becky! " some of her classmates greeted her. 

" I made you this! " while some gave gifts. 

Becky feels overwhelmed by the attention. She's used to being the quiet, studious girl who blends into the background. This sudden burst of birthday enthusiasm is making her uncomfortable. 

++++++

Becky sits in her calculus class, trying to focus. But her mind keeps drifting back to the constant birthday greetings. She feels like she's being watched, like everyone is expecting her to be happy.

" And that, class, is how you solve for x. " The teacher said pointing at the board. 

Suddenly, the bell rings. The class erupts in a cheer.

" Happy birthday, Becky! " her classmate greeted. 

" We got you a cake! " they said holding up a cake for her.