Shot.

𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

"Sabrina are you almost finished in there?" I asked from outside the cubicle door.
"Yes I'm finished," she said as she flushed the toilet and opened the door. "When we get home I'm gonna have a hot shower, put my feet up and watch some Netflix with a bowl of ice cream."

I smiled and moved to the side so she could wash her hands. After drying them on a paper towel we left the bathroom. A few minutes after our call to home Sabrina said she desperately needed to pee so we stopped at the nearest 7-Eleven. I also picked up some more birth control pills for myself. With the amount of times Val and I had sex I needed a constant supply. Especially now that Thanksgiving break was coming up.

Exiting the store I unlocked the car and we got in. Turning the key in the ignition I pushed down on the accelerator and the car sped forward. It was nearly five o'clock and I needed to get home so I could start studying. Thankfully I had no homework so that'll save me some time. I wanted to study for at least four hours every day so I'll be fully prepared for midterms next week.

As we were driving through lower Manhattan I glanced in the rearview mirror and saw a black SUV trailing directly behind us. Passing it off as nothing I continued driving. But then I noticed that he wasn't trying to pass me but instead stayed behind. As I stopped at a red light he stopped too just inches behind me and when the light turned green and I turned right onto the Brooklyn bridge he did the same.

"Come on Jas," I said to myself. "Yours isn't the only car going into Brooklyn. He'll probably drive away once we're off the bridge."

At least that's what I thought.

Turns out he didn't drive off and continued to follow us, past York Street, Brooklyn Law School and all the way into downtown Brooklyn. If he was following us in hopes of finding out where we lived he was dead ass wrong. Sneaking a glance in the rearview mirror I caught a glimpse at his license plate and repeated it over and over in my head.

Now that I memorized it it was time to lose this fucker. Pressing down on the accelerator I drove onto Union Street, passed the Brooklyn public library, Prospect Park and drove into the Target parking lot. Fortunately the place was packed so it was easy to lose yourself amongst the dozens of parked cars. Finding a spot between a Tesla and another BMW I parked and waited.

"Why are we in the Target parking lot?" Sabrina wanted to know.
"Someone was following us," I told her. "I came here to try and throw them off our tail."
"What? Are you sure?"
"Yeah it was a black SUV with tinted windows. He followed us from Manhattan."
"We should call Valentino and let him know. If it's true that someone was following us it might be dangerous for us to leave."

"That's a good idea," I said as I took out my phone to dial Valentino's number. "Hopefully he can send someone to pick us up before Mr Stalker comes back."

𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐨

"A girl? Are you serious? Damen that's fantastic. I'm fucking happy for you man," Theodore said ecstatically as he hugged Damen and patted his back. Then he turned to Dean. "Pay up buddy. We won the bet."

"Bet? What bet?" I asked with raised eyebrows.
"Theodore and I made a bet with Dean and Riley. We said the baby will be a girl and they said it'll be a boy," Andrès smirked.
"I see. And how much did you bet?"
"Twenty grand. Theodore said we'll split it half and half."
"And just what are you going to do with ten thousand dollars?"
"It's not what I'm going to do, it's what I'm not going to do."

Dean and Riley scoffed and Dean went to get the money. "I swear this is the last time I'm making a bet with Theodore."
"That's what you said when we made that bet about Valentino," Theodore snickered. "You said he'll never get involved with another Spanish woman after Andria. But then came along Jasmine and I got two bricks of coke in my pocket."