Exams And Thanksgiving Break.

𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

It's nearly two weeks since I've been shot and the wound was healing quite nicely, leaving just a tiny mark on my skin. After such a harrowing experience we all took the necessary safety precautions. Sabrina wasn't allowed to leave the mansion since we were yet to identify the shooter. I gave the license plate number to Valentino who had one of his men in the police precinct run it through the DMV. No luck so far.

Valentino insisted that I go to school with a bodyguard since we had no idea if I was the one the shooter was aiming for that day. He would drop me off in the morning and pick me up after school. Since I had midterms this week so I was coming home a lot earlier than usual. So far I did Math, Economics, Computer Science, Art and Design and Biochemistry. Today was my last exam and I had English Lit, my most favorite subject.

It was now twelve fifteen, so we had fifteen more minutes until the exam ended. As I wrote I thought about the extra long time I had at home. Today was Friday the 16th, we had tomorrow, Sunday, then the entire Thanksgiving break which lasted for five days, including Thanksgiving Day— which fell on the 22nd—and Black Friday. Afterwards we had Saturday and Sunday. That's nine days in total. Nine days to spend with my baby.

And when I say my baby I didn't mean Gia, I meant Valentino.

"Pencils down," the invigilator said, thereby ending the exam. After making sure I had my name on the exams papers I got up to hand it in.

"Finally! Goodbye midterms, hello Thanksgiving break," Evelyn exhaled as she walked out of the lecture hall with Collette and I.
"Don't get too excited sis," Collette warned. "We still have our finals coming up in-"
Evelyn covered Collette's mouth with her hand and made a shushing sound. "Don't say another word. I just finished busting my brains for six different exams. Let's take a moment to relax and heal our brains before we have to burn more midnight oil."

Collette rolled her eyes and the three of us walked outside. Like always my bodyguard was already here and waiting for me by the car. When I told Evelyn and Collette about the shooting they were quite concerned but I assured them that I was fine and it was only a flesh wound, nothing to fuss over.

"Your bodyguard is hot," Collette remarked. "Isn't Valentino worried that he'll try to make a pass at you?"
"Hell no," I said. "All the men that works for us know that I'm Valentino's woman. They dare not make any advances on me."

Nigel opened the backdoor for me and I slid in. "Enjoy the break girls. I'll call you later to set up a date for us to go out and have some fun. Give your parents my regards."

They smiled and waved to me and Nigel drove off. I drummed my fingers on my lap, eager to reach home and see my beloved. After spending practically all my time studying for midterms I neglected my baby's needs. But being the ever so patient husband that he was he let me study without interferences.

Now that I had Thanksgiving break I could make up for it.

Arriving at the mansion Nigel parked in the garage and opened the door for me to get out. I thanked him and walked inside with my school bag slung over my shoulder. There I saw Valentino on the couch with Dad, my mother, Damen and Sabrina, who was munching on some apple wedges.

"Midterms are officially over!" I said ecstatically as I dropped my bag on the floor. "There are no words to describe how happy I am. I have nine days home to relax and spend time with my family."
"I think you mean you have nine days home to relax and spend time with your husband," Sabrina smirked.

I blushed and dropped my bag on the armchair. "So how was your day? I notice you all are a little quiet. Is something wrong?"
"Nothing's wrong," Mom said with a smile. "We're just waiting."
"Waiting? Waiting for what? Are you expecting some-"