Chapter 2

Mr. Marcus finally walked through the door and held out a hand to the mysterious guy. He came to the front of the class and said "I would like you all to meet future Alpha of Midnight Rivers pack, Jace Silverson, and his future Beta Axle Stephens".

  I could feel his eyes on me the whole time, I never looked up from my sketchbook. "You can take a seat now", Mr. Marcus told the boys. Axle walked right up to the seat beside me while Jace took an empty seat on the other side of the room. "Is this seat taken?" Axle asked.

  "What's it look like?" I said sarcastically.

  "Oohh feisty" Axle took my bag and sat it on the floor.

  I rolled my eyes.

  "Whats your name?" Axle smirked.

  "None of your business" I remarked and turned to my side as I kept sketching.

  He let out a small laugh.

  This class was my favorite because we pretty much got to do whatever we wanted. I was sketching out a plan I had for our last assignment. I would occasionally look over and see Jaces eyes on me.

  Then the bell rang and I started grabbing my stuff up. Axle picked my bag up and handed it to me.

  "I didn't ask for your help" I huffed as I tossed my stuff in my bag.

  "Everyone remember the project we will be starting Friday! Everyone needs to be planning what they will do! This will cost half your grade so make sure it's good!" Mr. Marcus exclaimed as we was all darting out of his room.

  "Sky!" I heard Daxton yell as soon as I exited the class. I immediately froze and he came up and grabbed me by my waist. "I need you to come with me" he had a smirk on his face. "Why?" I looked confused. He grabbed the back of my neck and took me outside. As soon as we was outside he threw me down the steps, "you have some apologizing to do for the way you spoke to me earlier" Daxton smirked watching me hit the ground.

  "I didn't do anything Daxton now I'm going back to class" I said calmly, I was pretty used to this. Daxton grabbed my arm and threw me up against a tree. I let out a little whimper as I went to get up. "Cry for me baby", Daxtons smile was big and evil, his hand wrapped around my throat. He slapped me right across the face and I tasted blood in my mouth. "Stop it Daxton!" I yelled. He picked me back up and hit me again right in the stomach. All the air left my body. He grabbed a hand full of my hair and pulled me up to his face and tried to kiss me. I ripped my head away. "This is why I'm leaving you!" I exclaimed.

  "You what? Leave me?" He laughed hysterically with his little posey who was just watching the abuse, "I don't want you anyway, who wants a little bitch like you". He reared his arm back to hit me again and I closed my eyes to prepare myself.

  "I wouldn't touch her again or you'll regret ever living" I hear a dark deep voice boom. I slowly open my eyes to see Jace holding Daxtons wrist. "Mind your business" Daxton looks at him.

  "Right now this is my business" he throws Daxton to the ground.

  Axle walked up behind him, I looked over to see Daxtons whole posey on the ground.

  "You will never come near her again, understand?" Jace says firmly and calm. His calmness scared me a little. Jace took on swing on him and connected right on Daxtons cheek bone, he was out cold. Axle went and picked my bag up and Jace came over to me with a hand out. "Are you okay?"

  "I'm fine" I said whipping my lip I went to stand up without taking his hand. He didn't except that as he put his hands around my waist and helped me up. Tingles went through my whole body. Nothing I've ever felt before.

  Jace grabbed my hand and started walking towards the parking lot, Axle not far behind.

  "HEY" I yelled, "Where are you taking me!?"

  Jace opened his car door, "get in, I'm taking you to get checked out". "No, I'm fine, this happens all the time, I'll heal quickly", I finally looked into his eyes.

  They were a beautiful mix of blues, like ocean waves, I was hypnotized for a moment.

  Jace seemed surprised. "It's fine, thank you for your help" I took my hand back and just realized there was a sharp tingling feeling the whole time.

  I started to walk back to class when I realized I was getting dizzy and breathing heavy. I wasn't sure why but my side was hurting really bad. I lifted my shirt to see a huge purple bruise on my ribs and stomach. "Fucking wolf strength" I muttered as I felt my body failing me.

  "JACE" I hear Axle yell and Jace rushed to catch me. "I got you" I hear him say before everything goes black.