Chapter 61

I woke up, barely cracking my eyes open. The sun was piercing through the giant window. I reached my arm out searching for Jace, finding he wasn't there.

  What the fuck?

  I sit straight up. My eyes bugging out of my head in panic as my head swiveled back and forth searching for him.

  "You were sleeping peacefully so I didn't want to wake you babygirl" Jace mind-links me.

  My shoulders visually drop as a sigh of relief comes from my chest.

  "Where are you?" I ask.

  "In my office, we need to talk when you're ready to come down" he tells me.

  "Oh? Is this a bad talk?" I say cocking my head a bit to the right.

  "Only if you're not ready to be the official Luna next week" he was serious.

  "I'll be down shortly"

  I quickly get dressed in a brown crop top and blue jean shorts, throwing on some white converse to complete the look. I French braided my hair and put on a little mascara. Finishing up brushing my teeth I headed out the door.

  I knock twice on Jaces office door.

  "Come in" his voice low.

  I open the door slowly to find Alpha Dave and Luna Mary sitting around Jaces desk with him. They are all looking at a computer screen. Jaces eyes meet mine and he takes in a big inhale through his nose.

  Alpha Dave and Luna Mary's eyes also focus on me. Jace walks over to me, giving me a peck on the lips before rubbing his nose up my neck until his lips touched my ears. "You have a strange scent on you" he pulls back looking into my eyes. I take a step back, his wolf is showing and he doesn't seem happy at all. "Jace what's the matter?" I eyes fall down, not able to make contact with his black pits any longer.

  "We need to schedule the day Jace" Luna Mary chimes in snapping his attention back to his work. He grabs my hand walking me over to the desk. His mom's eyes never leaving me as we choose the best date for the ceremony. "So next Saturday it is" Alpha Dave grabs Jaces shoulder, "are you sure you're ready?".

  "Of course I am, you taught me everything I know" Jace shrugs as if it wasn't even a question worth answering.

  "Are you ready?" Luna Mary's hand drags down my arm stopping at my elbow.

  "I'll always have you if I need help" I give her a big cheesy smile and she takes me into a hug. Also taking in a big sniff. I let out an awkward laugh before pulling away and taking a few steps back.

  Jaces hand grabs mine before he wraps me into a tight embrace. I could feel how proud he was. He's worked his whole life for this.

  "Someone's here for you" he says.

  "What?" A look of confusion on my face.

  His ability to smell someone coming over multiple miles away is nothing less than incredible.

  He gestures to the door. "Who is it" I ask.

  He doesn't say anything as we walk out. I roll my eyes and let out a loud huff, crossing both my arms. "You know how annoying you are, you are always-" he hand cups over my mouth.

  "You are the only one being annoying right now" he smirks.

  "Excuse me?" I say but it's muffled through his hand. I pull his hand off my face. He opens the front door and there's still no one there. "So?" I throw my hands up clearly annoyed "if they were so far out you could've just waited". He shrugs and points to the front gate and I can finally sense them right before the car pulls around the corner. Jaces smile grows.

  My mouth drops and I run towards the car coming my way.

  "JACOB, VIV, ALEX, PIPER, JULIA!" I yell as the car comes to a screeching halt.

  "Finally we get to come see your place now" Piper says stepping out first with her mate.

  They haven't been allowed over yet, it has to be discussed before another pack is allowed in.

  Julia and her mate sliding out next. She had the biggest smile as she gave me a hug eyeballing her surroundings. Jacob and Viv also looking around at everything. Alex and Olivia last to get out. Alex runs to me wrapping me in a big hug picking me up and spinning me in circles before placing me back down. I shuffle around for a minute trying to regain balance, Jace wraps his arms around my waist steadying me.

  "OMG the gangs back together guys" Vivian chimes in with a high pitched squeak.

  "With a few added" Piper contributes her chin sitting on Lucas' shoulder.

A huge smile appears across Julia's face and she yells out "PAAARRTTTYYYYY" with a few hip sways.

A group of laughter broke out. "Definitely" Jaces deep voice agrees. I turn to him, giving him a sweet thank you kiss. The corners of his lips barely turn up.

"Well we should plan then!" I say excitedly.

We all turn towards the pack and begin to walk. Jacob tugs on my shoulder pulling me to the back. "What's that weird smell coming from you?" His eyebrows furrowed and he also looks angry.

"Do I really have a weird smell?" I ask, lifting up my arms to smell my armpits. He immediately pushes my arm back down "not that kind of smell sky".

"I don't know Jacob, but apparently Jace, Alpha, and Luna can smell it too" I'm a little worried.