Chapter 8

Jaces pov:

  Her phone kept buzzing so I couldn't help but look. It was Alex, I think that's the guy she's always with. My grip tightened on my paint brush. He wants her to come see him? But Why?

  "Is Alex your mate?" I bluntly ask.

  She turned quick, "I'm not 18" is all she said.

  "Whens your birthday?" I pried

  "3ish weeks" she kept it short.

  "Do you think Alex is your mate?" I'm not one to beat around the bush.

  She was laying on her stomach feet at the headboard and her head turned towards me. Then she turned her whole body and stared at the ceiling. "I don't know, everyone wants him to be." She answered.

  "What do you want?" I asked

  "I'm unsure, not that I think Alex is a bad guy, I've just never felt that emotional connection with him" she sighed. Then she popped up on her elbows "why do you care?".

  "I was just making sure I wasn't disrespecting anyone's feelings" I said.

  "Daxton was my boyfriend for about a year but I wanted to break it off before I turned 18 just incase he wasn't my mate, then he started hitting me and being verbally abusive as well, he's the only person I have ever dated" she let me know. "So what about you, where's your mate?" She popped the question.

  "Haven't found her yet" I shrugged. She nodded and we got back to work. She turned back on her stomach and was working on her laptop, her ass was huge and made me want to take a big bite.

  About an hour later I finished the rough draft of our project. It looked great and I couldn't wait to see it on full display. I leaned up to show Skyanna, "Hey Sky, what do you-" I stopped to see her peacefully sleeping. I grabbed her laptop and shut it and put everything in her bag. I called Alpha Jax.

  "Hello? Jace is my daughter okay?" His voice boomed into my phone.

  "Hello Alpha Jax, I just wanted to inform you Skyanna had fallen asleep while we was working, she can stay here if you're okay with that if not I will wake her" I said respectfully.

  He was silent for a moment then I heard a sigh, "let her sleep, but don't get handsy with my daughter Mr Jace".

  "Yes sir" I hung up.

  I cleaned up the rest of the mess and moved Sky to the top of the bed. I covered her up and laid down on the other side. Before I knew it I was asleep.

  I woke up a few times checking on her to make sure she was sleeping well. The last time I woke up I found her laying on my chest. I liked this. It felt, right.

  Skyanna pov:

  I don't remember falling asleep last night but I woke up laying on Jaces chest. My whole body was warm like I was supposed to be here. He looked so peaceful when he slept, when he's awake he looks like something is bothering him all the time. I pulled myself away slowly trying not to wake him up. I sent him a text saying "didn't realize it was so late, so I walked home, didn't want to wake you".

  Dad is going to kill me, I thought. I saw his screen light up with two messages. First one had to be from me but I couldn't see because the other text was on top. The second one read "future Luna". For some reason my heart sank a bit. Not because I had feelings for him but of course he was just like every other play boy around here. He obviously knew who he was mated to but here I am sleeping on his chest? Ugh.