Chapter 68

"Let's get some measurements to see how far along you are" she says.

  The grip on Alex's hand tightens and he leans down into my ear and whispers, "if you squeeze any tighter, you will break my hand sky". "Oh" I instantly relax my hand.

  "Well this is weird" the doctor looks down at me, "one baby measures 1 day ahead of the other, it's rare but can happen".

  "What does that mean" I ask for clarification.

  "It just means one baby was conceived and then within a 48 hour period you had intercourse again and your body was unaware of the first pregnancy, causing you to be able conceived again with a different egg... same cycle, two different eggs, two different days" she explains.

  "We will round your due date to the first baby, it's looking like March 15!" She says in her annoying excited voice.

  "That means you're like 3 months pregnant" Alex's eyes never leave the screen.

  "Correct! She's 13 weeks along!" She says again very cheerfully.

  Every emotion possible is running through me. My mind wonders to Jace... can he still feel my emotions? Have had them suppressed for so long just so he couldn't. I don't want to let him in, to let him know what's happening. I need to get away. Far far away. I need to disappear, and create a life for myself without any of this.

  I have to run from my mate.. I will be considered a rogue now, not claiming any pack.

  The Doctor prints out some images of the babies and hands them to me. I run my fingers over them, and I feel Alex breathing down my neck as he looks intently at the images over my shoulder.

  "Whenever you're ready you can go to the front desk to make a follow up appointment!" The doctor says walking towards the door, "oh and congratulations mom and dad!" She throws out and shuts the door behind her. "Oh we're not-" I was cut off by the door closing fully, "together" I drag out the last word like it wasn't important.

  I collect my things and walk out of the building.

  "Are you not making another appointment?" Alex's asks, his thumb pointing over his shoulder at the office behind him.

  "No" I say sternly walking faster to the car.

  Alex's doesn't say anything for a while and the silence starts to grow awkward as we just sit in the parking lot of an OBGYN.

  "Can we go!?" I snap.

  "I've been waiting on you to tell me where too" he taps his fingers up and down on the steering wheel.

  "Oh uh" I wasn't even sure where to go myself.

  I look out the passenger window and notice Axle and a random woman getting out of a car. He turns and looks directly at me, "oh shit go" I say stunned. "What is it?" Alex's eyes follow the direction of mine. Axle is walking towards our car now. "Oh shit" Alex slings the gear shifter in reverse and gases it. "SHIT SHIT SHIT" I yell watching Axle take out his phone. "He's calling Jace" I say putting my hands over my face.

  Alex's hand reaches over, and he runs his fingers through my hair in an effort to calm me. I pull my knees to my chest and put my forehead to my knees, letting him continue his attempt.

  "You know if we go back to the pack, and Jace...." He pauses, "or Archie?" He says questionably, "finds out you're pregnant there's going to be an even bigger war to take you and babies"

  I don't pick my head up but turn it to face him, I didn't even think that there was a possibility of these babies being Archie's but he's completely right, I don't even know who my babies dad really is. "I don't know why there's a war in the first place, both Archie and Jace told me leave when they found out, neither wanted me" a tear rolled down my face, but I quickly suppressed all my feelings again and went blank.

  "Since everyone found out you were missing everyone has freaked out. They probably just realized what a big mistake they made" he lifts his shoulders before releasing them drastically.

  "The only mistake here is me" I put my face back in my knees.

  "Are you done with your pity party yet" Alex pulls into a drive thru, "two large chocolate milkshakes please" he says and my head shoots up off my legs. It felt like he could read my mind, this is exactly what I wanted.

  We got our milkshakes and he continued to drive.

  "I don't want to be apart of any of the packs anymore" I groan out.

  Alex's eyes bug out of his head, "you want to be a rogue?"

  I nod, "I want to run away from all of this, start new, just my babies and I"

  Alex let out a big sigh, "and me."

  "What?" I almost choke on my milkshake.

  "If you're leaving I'm coming with you, I can't leave you to raise two kids by yourself with no income, no where to go, and I damn sure have to know you're okay, because that month not knowing had me ready to jump off a bridge" he was calm, and very serious about his answer,

  "I don't want you to be a rogue, you were just names beta" I deny his request.

  "I didn't ask you what you wanted, I said I am coming." His face was stern, "plus I never said I was leaving the pack, I'm going to explain everything to Jacob. We will figure it out."

  I'm speechless, no words are coming to mind.

  I fiddle with a small hole in my jeans.

  "Take me back to the pack house" I say.

  His eyebrow cocks upwards and the corner of his lip lifts.

  "I'm not staying but I do need some of the things I left in my old room, and I'd like to see Jacob before I go.." I sigh, "but no one else, I don't want to see anyone I've caused pain too."

  He grabs my hand, squeezing it tightly, "no one blames you for anything Sky"

  I shrug my shoulders and lean on the car window.