Chapter 3

I woke up in the hospital. Everything was a little hazy at first but I could make out Jace and Axle standing by my bed talking to someone.

"So she had a few broken ribs and one puncture her lung. She should be fine in a few days, we called her father Alpha Jax, he should be here shortly" the doctor told them. I saw Jaces hand grip the edge of the bed tightly as the doctors left.

"W-whats happening? Where am I?" I said groggily.

Jax turned to me immediately, "What kind of alpha let his daughter get beat up by her boyfriend constantly!?" His eyes were black. I tried to sit up but it hurt to bad and I started breathing heavy, "he never knew" I said kind of out of breath. My phone started ringing, it was Piper.

"Hello"

"Where are you!?" She yelled.

"We've been looking for you since you didn't show up for lunch!" I could hear Alex yelling from the background.

"I'm at the hospital, Daxton kind of-" I was stopped.

"I'm going to kill him!" Alex was angry. I saw Jaces hand clench tighter to the bed frame.

"We are coming to you" Julia said and I hung up

"Jace?" I looked at him confused and he released the bed, "Why'd you help me?". "I wasn't going to sit back and watch it happen!" He sounded angry at the question.

"Alpha Jax" Jace holds out a hand as my dad walks in. "Jace" my dad says as he takes his hand. "What happened?" My dad asks as he walks over to me. "Nothing sir, I just fe-" I was interrupted.

"She was beat by that piece of shit boyfriend she had" Jace was super calm.

"JACE!" I yelled.

"And you stopped this?" My dad asked Jace.

"Yes sir Alpha Jax, my future Beta Axle and I did" Jace was staring directly at me, as I had my head down in shame.

"Apparently it happens a lot" Axle threw in, and I shot him a look that could kill.

"I see so you are a future alpha? Of which pack, I would like to send my gratitude to your alpha" my dad said.

I was saved when Alex, Piper, and Julia walked in. Not far behind followed Jacob and Vivian.

Alex came directly to me and kissed me on the forehead, "I'm so happy you're okay".

"Can I speak with you outside", my dad said leaving the door open for Jace and Axle. They all left.

"Who was that and why were they here " Julia watched them go.

"Future Alpha Jace and Beta Axle from midnight river" I rolled my eyes.

"HES HOT" Piper pitched in, and I giggled but it hurt.

Alex rolled his eyes, "what are they doing here?"

I went back and explained to them the whole story of what happened and how I ended up here.

"I'm glad he was there" Jacob declared "and that he brought you here."

"I wish I was" Alex whispered. "Aweh is someone getting jealous? Thinking their best friend spot is being threatened?" I said sarcastically towards Alex. "At least we know nothings changed" Alex huffed. We all laughed. My dad came back in the room, "we can leave but you have to take it easier for a couple days, stay in bed and relax."

"This will be the perfect time for you, Vivian, and Luna Linda to plan your party!" Piper said, why to joyful. My dad smirked and I huffed at the thought. Vivian seemed pretty excited too.

"Can you all leave so I can get dressed?" I proclaimed.

"Piper and I can stay to help, you can barely move" Julia pitched in.

Everyone else left and they helped sit me up and take the hospital gown off.

"Oh.. my.. god.." Julia said softly when she said the bruising. I yanked my shirt away from Piper and tried to put it on myself but it was to painful. "Daxton did that to you?" Piper asked, I just gave her a glare that was an obvious "duh". They finished helping me get dressed as my dad and Alex walked in wish a wheel chair. Alex picked me up in a cradle position and placed me down in the chair. "I just want to go home and sleep" I put my hand on my face. "Okay let's go" dad agreed.