Chapter 15

"Yeah follow me" I waved him towards me.

  "Thanks for the help" he nodded.

  The walk was quiet, not much to say to a new guy. When we got to the principals office the bell rang for the next class. "Here we are" I gave him a smile, "I got to get to class now, I'll see you around".

  I saw Jace walk out of the lunchroom and Dutton grabbed my hand.

  "Thank you Miss Skyanna" and he kissed the back of my hand. I took my hand back, "it's no problem let me know if you need anymore help" I waved and turned around to leave.

  Jace came up behind me, "who's he?"

  "Why?" I shot him a look to kill.

  "Never seen him before"

  "Future beta of moonlight woods, Dutton" I spoke firmly with my head up.

  "What'd he want?"

  "Bye" I turned into my class and left Jace behind me.

  My phone light up with a text almost immediately.

  It read: stay away from him, he's bad news.

  I replied: it's none of your concern

  I few minutes went by and I got another text,

  Piper: people are saying they saw you walking around with future beta Dutton.

  Me: yes ma'am I showed him to the principals office

  Piper: be careful with him I've heard bad things

  I rolled my eyes and put my phone down.

  Eventually school was over and I mind-linked Jacob letting him know I wanted to walk.

  I was starting out the parking lot when I was approached by Dutton again.

  "Need a ride home?"

  "I'm okay I'd rather walk"

  "Let me help you, I owe you a favor"

  "Don't worry about it" I smiled and waved as I started walking again.

  Dutton grabbed me by my arm and turned me around, I got a dangerous feeling come over me, "I don't like being dismissed" he had his head down towards my ear.

  Jace walked up.

  "Do we have a problem?"

  "No" Dutton shot a smile "I'm just trying to offer Skyanna a ride home as a returned favor."

  Jace saw my body tensed up and he took my arm, "I'll be taking my girl home" his hand slid down into mine and I gripped it tightly.

My girl??

  He started dragging me away, Dutton watching with a smirk on his face. When we made it to his car I snatched my hand away.

  Jace opened the passenger side door, "get in", he was staring at Dutton who was staring right back.

  "I want to walk" I mumbled.

  "Absolutely not, get in!" He said more sternly.

  I slid into the seat and Jace shut my door. I let a big sigh when he jumped into the driver's seat and sped off. I could feel Jace glancing over at me occasionally but I kept my eyes on the window.

  Once we got home I jumped out the car before he even had a chance to speak and ran inside. I don't know if he followed but I wasn't waiting. I went to my room and took a shower and started school work.

  "You need to come eat dinner" my dad mind-linked me.

  "I'm not hungry" I told him

  "Jace stopped by and told me you haven't been eating lately"

  I'm going to kill him.

  "I just haven't been hungry" I cut the mind-link.

  About an hour passed and I heard a knock on my door. It was mom, "here's a ham sandwich and some grapes honey please eat".

  "Thanks mom I will" I assured her and I sat down on my bed with the tray. I took a few bites and fell asleep.

  The next few days at school were boring, I finished my part of the mural and Jace was starting the painting. We should definitely be finished by Friday.