Chapter 73

Skyanna's pov:

It's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything from Alex in almost a week. I try not to think of what could've happened. I try to mind-link him multiple times a day but he's not answering. Jacob says he's out looking for him, he hasn't been able to contact him either.

"Sky?" My brother's voice feels my mind.
"Please Jacob, tell me you found him" I reply.
"No sky, not yet but I'm not going to stop looking for him" my stomach sinks at Jacob's words. A painful gut feeling that something has happened to him fills me and a tear falls down my cheek.
"I need you to stay alert and contact me if anything happens, take care of yourself" Jacob tells me.
"Okay but I have an appointment today to check on the twins and I need to buy more food. Normally Alex is here with me for this" I remind him.
"I'm going to find him" he assures me.

I take a shower and get dressed, quickly cutting it close to time of my appointment. Luckily she's not far from where we stay and everything is pretty conveniently close. I grab my phone and walk out the door. It was about a 10 minute walk to her office.

I walked in and was greeted by the most amazing people. Our favorite nurses ran up to me holding my belly in their hands, "oh my gosh, they are getting so big in there!" A big smile across her face. The other nurse grabs my hand walking me towards the back room "how are you feeling honey, any pain?" She asks and I nod, "just a little sometimes". They take me to room ready for an ultrasound.

"Where's Alex today?" Says Dr. Larson when she walks in. "He's..uh.. visiting family" I say in a forced tone. She nods her head "unlike him to miss these sorts of appointments". I shrug my shoulders as if it wasn't a big deal, but it was. Alex was my comfort place lately and I didn't like him being away. I especially didn't like him missing appointments because he's been so attached to the babies. Everytime we do an ultrasound he's right on the screen counting fingers and toes making sure nothing has changed. He will always shoot me a big grin and a thumbs up when dr. Larson says everything's looking great.

About 15 minutes pass and Dr. Larson finally speaks, "29 weeks today, just barely over 7 months. Everyone here looks to be doing great, including you mom" she shoots me a big grin and a thumbs up. I assume to make me feel better since Alex isn't here to do it. A give her a genuine smile before sitting up.

"So you know the deal, contact me if you have any serious pains or bleeding. Everyone's growing perfectly and as of right now we have no concerns." She hands me some printed pictures, "are you sure you don't want to know the genders still?" My eyes widen "NO NO NO, don't tempt me like that" I laugh while heartedly and she does as well.
"Well I believe we are all set then, I'll see you in about a month!" She says walking me out the door. I wave to the other nurses as I make my way out.

I walk down the sidewalk going to a small market to grab some food for the next couple days. Hoping Alex will be home by then.

As I reach for Bananas, a familiar scent almost directly smacks me in the face, taking my breath away. I drop my basket of food and start to look around.

"Oh fuck" I whisper to myself as I see Jace walking outside the market. As soon as I see him turn the corner I run out the market. Taking a few turns to try and evade him. I take a couple back roads walking to my place.

"Jacob, he's here" I mind-link him but there's no reply.
I try to mind-link Alex the same thing but also no reply.
FUCK.
"Mom" I say in a whisper through our mind-link.
"Yes honey?" She answers immediately.
FINALLY SOMEONE ANSWERS ME.
"Jace is here. He hasn't seen me yet but I know he knows I'm around. I tried to mind-link Jacob but he didn't answer" I tell her.
"Just stay calm, I'm letting him know now, he's been asleep, he hasn't slept in 3 days" my mom fills me in.
"Thank you" I say as I walk faster.