Chapter 67

Skyannas POV:

  How long has it been? A couple days? A week? Two weeks? I've been lost inside violet for what feels like an eternity. I don't really care to shift back, I'd stay here like this forever. I'm lost in my own consciousness. I've stopped crying and feeling angry, I'm just numb now. Violet comforts me from time to time. I think she's tired of being in control, and we've really created a bond during this time.

  I catch a scent of something familiar.

  Dragging me out of my thoughts, we follow it. The closer we get the more I realize it's another wolf. Violet and I have a conversation about turning around, but she insists on finding whoever it is. My strong suit is not smell, I'm stronger in the field of attack and defend.

  I slowly creep up on a large Tan wolf with black peppered through his coat.

  Oh my God Alex.

  We have a stare down and before I know it, Violet has relaxed and let down her guard. He walks closer to me, nudging his head against mine, telling me to follow him.

  I'm hesitant but give Violet the go ahead. Running a couple miles beside each other. Alex didn't even attempt to mind-link me. I never denounced my pack to become Luna so we still have that ability but I've kept everyone shut out for so long.

  We slowly come up to a roadway, his car sitting next to a tree pulled to the side. I stay back waiting to see or sense anyone else so I can run if I do. I'm not in the mood for anyone else. He shifts and changed beside his car.

  "No one else is here, it's just me" he finally says.

  We slowly walk towards him.

  "There's some clothes for you in the back, can we talk?" He runs his hand down the side of my thick coat.

  I walk to the other side of his car, shift back and change. It feels weird being on two legs. I feel like a baby learning how to walk again, taking a couple seconds to steady myself.

  Alex is propped against a tree. As I come around the car he basically sprints towards me wrapping me in a tight hug.

  "We've all been so worried about you" he whispers.

  "How long has it been?" I ask, pushing him off me. Not wanting to be touched.

"Sky.. you've been missing for a month" he breathes through his words.

My eyes widen in disbelief. My eyes go straight to my stomach wondering about my baby. Alex must've seen my concern because his hand went over my stomach, "can I take you to see a doctor?"

"You know?" I raise a brow.

"Everyone does, everyone also knows how Jace treated you when you told him, a war is on the verge of developing" he pops each finger taking a break between each hand.

"I don't want to see anyone right now and I don't want anyone to know you've found me" I say sternly.

"I just want to make sure you're okay sky" he grabs my hand.

I let him drag me towards his car, and he opens the door.

"My car is around here somewhere" I say looking around.

"Jace and Alpha David had it picked up and took back to their pack house about 3 weeks ago" he opens his door and steps in. I step in behind him and slump down in my seat.

The drive felt like it was taking forever and Alex would glance at me from time to time. Finally, I break the silence, "is anyone hurt?"

He sighs and rubs the back of his neck with his hand, "can we wait until we check on the baby before we get into this subject, I'm sure Jacob would like to te-"

"NO" my voice was loud and stern "I told you I don't want to see anyone".

"Not even Jacob?" His face full of confusion.

"No" I say tracing my hand over my stomach, "now tell me"

He takes in a deep breath and releases it, "a couple people have died, some injured"

"Stop beating around the bush Alex" I say sarcastically.

"Both sides are dealing with injuries and deaths right now Sky; Alpha David and Archie are both injured along with a few others from our pack Justin, Joshua, Travis, Jacky, Elana, and... Piper." My mouth drops open, "PIPER?" I yell.

"She was out looking for you and got caught in a fight" he explains.

"Archies injured too?" I ask.

"Not too bad, but he does have a broken arm from a fight with Jace" he shrugs his shoulders.

I sit in silence gathering my thoughts, wondering if I even want to know before I ask, "and dead?"

"Sky can we not" he sighs.

"Tell me and I want to know how they died" I push.

"Alpha Theo was killed by Jace" he starts. My hand goes over my mouth but I don't make a sound so he continues, "Jaces beta was killed by Archie, Kyler from our pack was jumped and killed by several of Jaces men, and Julia..." I stop him. "No" Is all I can get out before tears spill over my eyes and onto my cheeks. "Julia was on the search party with Piper, he mate died with her, they protected Piper" he grips the steering wheel hard. "Who else" I ask. His hands getting tighter and tighter around the wheel, his knuckles white, "Olivia was with them as well" he finishes.

I pull my knees to my chest and place my forehead on my knees, letting out a loud scream followed by a sea of tears. Alex's hand reaches over grabbing mine and I grip it tightly. We stay like this for the rest of the drive and I slowly calm myself down, trying to breathe slowly.

Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale.

Alex pulls into a parking spot, "you ready" I wipe my tears and nod my head. It doesn't take long after the paperwork was down for them to call my back for an ultrasound.

Alex stands at my head as the doctor searches the screen.

"Oh my goodness!" The doctor says with a cheerful voice. My hand reaches for Alex who is already reaching for me.

"Wha- what is it, is my baby okay?" Im hardly able to speak, my mouth and throat are so dry.

"BABIES" the doctor clarifies. My head turning so fast to face Alex that I damn near almost break my fucking neck. Alex's mouth is wide open as he stares down the screen the doctor turned to us. My eyes widen as I stare at the screen myself seeing two little sacks with two little hearts beating. I'm filled with so many emotions I'm not sure which one to choose.