Chapter 14

I woke up late as usual and rushed out the door. I was excited to get started on my project but not very happy about dealing with him for another week.

  Jacob dropped me off at school and I got out with my bag. Alex and his new mate were near his locker and Piper, Julia and her mate were sitting at my locker waiting.

  "Goodmorning!" Julia sung out. Showing her new mark I smiled.

  "That's awesome, I'm happy for you both" her mate was also I member of the pack but I'd never met him before.

  He held out his hand, "Nice to meet you Sky, I'm Jason". I grabbed his had and gave him a quick shake with a smile.

  "See you at lunch " I nodded at the girls as I walked to class, alone.

  Jace was sitting in his seat and I walked right up to my seat. I sat down and turned the other way. He reached out to grab my hand and I pulled away quickly.

  "Alright everyone get started on your projects!" Mr. Marcus spoke up. I grabbed my bag and walked out towards the wall I wanted it displayed on. I pulled a pencil out my bag with the sketch and opened it up. I started sketching it out on the wall.

  "What do you think?" Jace was referring to the paint.

  "Looks good" I said simply. He sighed.

  He sat back and watched me sketched about 30 minutes went by and he finally broke the silence.

  "Are you going to speak to me" he asked.

  "I am" I said sarcastically.

  "Look at me Sky" he grabbed my hand.

  "It's Skyanna to you" I snatched my hand back.

  When the bell rang we covered the half sketch up with a sheet.

  I grabbed my bag and headed to my next class. I couldn't focus because my mind was everywhere. When class was over I went to the library. To my surprise I found Alex there.

  "Hey" he walked over to me, his new mark on full display.

  I shot him a smile as I reached up and touched it, "nice" I laughed.

  He laughed a little to but I could see the hurt in his eyes still.

  "Alex do you need to talk? You look like somethings wrong?" I asked

  "I thought once I was marked I wouldn't have feelings for you anymore" he answered honestly.

  I didn't know what to say so I let out a sigh.

  "How are things with Jace?" He asked.

  I shot my head up, "there's not a damn thing going on between him and I". He could tell I was angry.

  "I can see the way he watches you. He wants you" Alex grabbed my shoulder "stop being stubborn and let him in".

  "Excuse you?" I said sarcastically "you don't know a damn thing. Why don't you just worry about your mate?" I snapped.

  I ran out of the library. I texted the girls and told them I'd be skipping lunch today, I wasn't super hungry.

  I went down to the track and started jogging instead.

  Running helped me ease my mind as it gave me time to think through everything.

  As I was running I saw something move in the woods to the side of me. I stopped and started looking trying to figure out who it was.

  "Hello? Who's there" I shouted.

  Out came a tall guy with glasses and long blonde hair.

  "Sorry to scare you, I'm new and I don't really know where I'm going so I was hiding trying to skip the day" he smiled.

  "My names Skyanna, where are you trying to go?" I asked.

  "My names Dutton, future Beta of moonlight woods, can you show me to the principal office?" He was very polite.