Chapter 50

I walk into my dad office to find everyone already there. Jace sitting in a chair to the left in front of my dad's desk with Axle behind him. Archie sitting in the chair to the right. Jacob and Alex standing behind the three alpha standing behind the desk. My dad in the middle, alpha Dave to the left and alpha Theo to the right. I take my seat in the middle of the guys.

  "I see things went well" my dad announces looking at both my marks.

  "Yes sir" Archie says confidently.

  I couldn't tell what emotion was actually mine feeling so many at one time.

  I felt: jealousy, anger, hate, love, lust, protection, fear.

  "I hope you've made a decision" Alpha Dave looks me directly in the eyes.

  My heart jumped and then I knew exactly what I needed to do.

  "I have" I say standing up, both men following my lead.

  The tension was overwhelming. I could see Jacob's shoulders draw up.

  "I'm sorry Jace" I say in our mind-link and I felt his heart stop.

  "I, Skyanna, reject bo-" I was tackled to the ground, Alex's hand over my mouth and my brother lying at my stomach.

  "DON'T YOU DARE TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT OF THIS" Alex yelled.

  "YOU AREN'T DYING OVER THIS" Jacobs voice was deep and stern as he stood up.

  I saw my dad standing on the opposite side of his desk, papers scattered all over the floor as if he jumped over his desk.

  Alex gave me a hand to help me up.

  "I can't choose" I whisper to him.

  "You have to" he hugged me tight, "you know who you want most, you just don't want to hurt anyone else in the process"

  Jace grabbed my face, "choose him, choose him if it means you won't die, I'm asking you to reject me, I will make the decision for you, just don't die" the urgency and fear in his eyes had me weak.

  He was willing to give me up to protect me. Watch me love someone else so I wouldn't hurt myself. He's selfless. His love for me is consuming and makes me feel warm. I'm safe with him.

  Alex was right, I do know who I want most. It was never a question to begin with. I just started to care for someone else. I didn't want to hurt him. I know who I love whole heartedly.

  I nod my head at Jace in acceptance. "I love you" I whisper in his ear.

  "I love you babygirl" he whispered and backed away from me.

  His head faced downward and his fist was so tight his knuckles were white. Like he was preparing for the pain coming.

  "I, Skyanna Raven, of crescent moon, reject you"

  My body turning 180 degrees to face Archie "Archie Burns".

  Archie hit his knees and I stepped back a couple feet until Jace caught me. My chest ached, and I could feel the pain from Archie as well. Tears started falling from my eyes. Archie looked up at me with a smile, "it's okay princess, remember what I promised you" he sounded out of breath. His hand on his chest.

  "DAMN IT" Alpha Theo hit my dad's desk.

  Jace wrapped his arms around me and Axle stepped in front of us, Jacob and Alex following Axles lead.

  "WHAT MAKES YOU THINK-" Alpha Theo started.

  "You can leave now" my dad snaps in.

  "Excuse me?" Alpha Theo retorts.

  "This business is settled and your son was rejected, there's no more work to do here, you can leave" my dad opens his office door.

  Alpha Theo mutters some curses under his breath walking out. Archie stands and walks over to Jace and I, he holds out a hand to Jace, who takes it and gives him a stern shake. "Let me know when you need me" he states before walking out.

  "What is he talking about?" I asked Jace.

  "I'll tell you later" his grip tightens on me.

  "Jace" I waited until he looked at me, "I'm sorry" I said covering Archie's mark with my hand.

  Jace pushes my hair from my face, "You did what you were told and you still chose me" he gave me a gentle kiss "that's all I care about".

  I smiled at him.

  "Let's go home" he smiles back and I nod.

  Axle was at the car waiting on us.

  "SKYYYYYY" he walked up to me giving me a big hug lifting me off the ground "you made the best choice, we are much cooler than those duds" he laughs. Jace and I return the laugh and get in the car.

Jace leans over and gives me a hard kiss before speeding out the drive and to his pack house.