Chapter 69

The closer we get to the pack house the faster my heart beats.

I can feel Jacob trying to mind-link me.

"Sky" he says.

"Yeah?"

"I can't wait to see you"

A small smile spreads across my face.

I continue to block out Jaces attempts to contact me. I don't know what he wants to say and I don't care after what he did to me.. to us. I will not bring my kids into such a toxic environment.

We pull up to the back of the pack house, trying to sneak inside. I don't know why I thought it'd be possible to do so, we are wolves. Dumbass.

As soon as I get close to the door, it swings open. Everyone is there asking a million questions at one time and hugging me. I work my way through everyone and walk to my brothers office door, my dad's office door... I haven't been in here since he's died. I place my hand on the door handle, staring at it for a quick moment. I feel Alex's body pressed against my back, his arm wrapping around me, he places his hand on mine. I take a deep and we turn the knob.

The door creaks open, I slowly walk in, Alex shutting the door behind us. Before I knew it I was in a bear hug with Jacob, mom, and Vivian.

"Oh my god, if you ever go missing again I will kill you" Vivian breaks the silence.

"I've been so worried honey" my mom's voice cracks and her swollen red eyes say it all.

"Alex, what'd the doctor say?" My brother gets straight to the point.

"Babies are fine" Alex answers him.

My mom's hand cups my face, "babies?"

A huge grin forms and I nod my head excitedly. Looking to Alex I hold my hand out, and he's already pulling the ultrasound out of his pocket. I take it and hand it to mom, watching Jacob and Vivian's eyes light up.

"Mom, I-" I try to tell her I can't stay.

"You're leaving" she finishes for me. Tears form in my eyes.

"Are you sure? We can protect you!" Jacob places a hand on my shoulder.

"I don't want anyone else hurt because of me" the tears begin to stream down my face.

"I'm not naming you rogue, because you're coming back home one day Sky. I'm going to make sure of it" I've never seen Jacob's face so serious.

"Jacob, I know I'm supposed to be your beta, but I'm not leaving your sister to do this alone. I'm going with her. I'm going to help her raise these kids if I have to. I'll step down from beta if need be. " Alex steps in.

"You will not step down as my beta Alex. This is now what I'm tasking you with for now. I'll need you to come back occasionally, for progress reports and payments, but I wouldn't trust anyone else with her" Jacob's voice was stern and sincere.

Jacob grabs my head and pulls me into his shoulder, "I'll see you soon, and stop blocking my mind-links" he kisses the top of my head.

Mom wipes her tears and places a hand on my still flat stomach, "I can't wait to meet them, we will make time to see each other soon." I nod knowing that probably won't be possible. "Go get what the two of you need packed and met me out front, no later than 15 minutes" Jacob commands.

We both walk the stairs and head to our rooms, grabbing everything we think we could possibly need. I meet him at the bottom of the stairs and he takes my bags. Together we walk out to my brother who has a blacked out unmarked Chevrolet Tahoe sitting out front, he hands Alex the keys, and Alex walked to the back tossing our belongings in. Jacob hands me a keychain with two single keys on them, "what's this?" I ask.

"Where you'll be staying, I already sent the location to Alex's phone" Jacob answers.

"Where is it" I stutter out.

He takes a deep breath in and sighs, "South Dakota"

"THATS LIKE SIX HOURS AWAY" I yell, Alex shoving a hand over my mouth and leans down into my ear, "they could have their packs listening sky, please be quiet". I nod understanding. "Their packs?" I whisper. "Archie's looking for you too" Jacob tells me. My eyes widen.

I know a whole war has almost broken out, or has broken out because of what happened but I just don't understand why they are looking for me. Do they want to hurt me? Hurt my babies? They both told me to leave, and now they are angry with each other? This doesn't make sense.

"I want to leave" I say, rushing towards the suv. Alex runs in front of me and opens my door. My brother comes to my window while Alex gets into his drivers seat. I look down at him and he hands me a huge duffle bag, "what's this?" I say opening the bag and revealing at least one hundred grand in cash. My eyes bug out of head as I face Jacob. "Cash is your best option right now to not be tracked, and you can't work or you could be found so we will be sending payments with Alex when he visits so that you, Alex, and the babies are well took care of" he explains to me. He slaps the car twice telling Alex to go. Alex doesn't hesitate pressing the gas leaving our pack in the dust.