Chapter 4

When I woke up I looked at my phone, 10:30am 16 messages, 2 missed calls, it read.

  Oh man, I slept for ages, I thought to myself.

  2 missed calls one from Vivian and one from mom.

  I had a couple messages from Piper, Alex, Julia, and Jacob asking if I was okay and Vivian and mom asking me to let them know when I woke up. I replied to all except one that was an unknown number that read "when are you going to be back at school?" I was confused on who this could be so I just didn't reply. I haven't gave my number to anyone recently.

  I lifted my shirt up and the bruise was healing nicely I was able to get up and move myself now but some movements were still sore, reaching above my head was a definite no. I took a quick shower and got dressed, I walked down to mom's office and knocked, Vivian opened the door. "OMG what are you doing out of bed, we was going to come to you!?" Vivian explained. I rolled my eyes to the fact she literally said 'omg', she was so girly to me. I lifted my shirt a little so they could see the bruise was healing already, "I'm fine, see". "You heal so fast!" Vivian said surprised. My mom huffed as she realized how I had been hiding the abuse for so long, she then came to hug me, "Skyanna, please don't hide anything like that from us again, I love you" my mom whispered into my ear. I knew she was serious because she used my whole name.

  We spent the next couple days picking out decor, invitations, food and drinks, music and dress code for my birthday. I specifically told them I didn't want it to be as extravagant as Jacob's 18th birthday was last year, I just wanted to have fun.

  "You are moving a lot better today" my mom said.

  "Well it's been 2 days and I'm a wolf so", my sarcasm was showing so I immediately apologized.

  "Luna Linda, what do you think about dress shopping today!?" Vivian was way too excited.

  "I'm very busy today but you two can go" she said

  "I wanted my friends to come too" I said

  "Schools almost out, can we pick them up?" Vivian asked.

  "I can text them and ask" I shrugged.

  I sent a group text to Piper, Julia, and Alex, "Hey guys, I'm going dress shopping for my birthday dress, anyone want to come, Viv and I will pick you up at school?"

  There was immediate responses "Hell yeah!" Julia sent, "What kind of question is that!? Of course!" Piper pitched in, "anything for you" Alex replied.

  "They're all in" I said to Vivian.

  "YAY" she was super excited.

  "Want to grab lunch before Viv?" I asked

  She seemed surprised, "I'd love to! Let me tell Jacob our plans and I'll meet you at the car!".

  I stood beside the car and waited about 15 minutes before Viv came out. "Finally, I'm staving" I said getting into the car. "I'm sorry, things were getting super spicy in there" she stuck her tongue out and started waving air towards her. "EEEWWWWW" I yelled as we both busted out laughing. "You'll understand when you find your mate" she winked at me. I gave her a disgusted but funny look.

  "So where we going?" She asked.

  "I was hoping for pizza?" I said with hope. She's not a big fan.

  "Sure" she smiled and took off.

  When we got to the pizza place we both got out. I saw a black car that looked kind of familiar across the parking lot. We walked in and ordered at the counter, as we went to sit down I saw him.

  Jace was sitting there with Axle and a few others. My heart started beating fast and I tried to hide myself behind Vivian. Our pizza came out and I went to take a bite when I felt someone watching me. I knew it was him. I looked up and saw his eyes drilling holes through me.

  I put my hand on my forehead and covered my face, I held my head down as I took a bite of my pizza. "What is it?" Vivian asked. "That's Jace and Axle, the ones from Monday at the hospital" I told her. "The ones who helped you? I remember alpha Jax said something about Jace being a future alpha" she gave me a look. "What?" I said "what's that look for?." "What if he likes you?" She turned her head really quick to look at their table "he hasn't stopped looking this way since he noticed you".

  "Really smooth Vivian, and keep your voice down, this is embarrassing. There's no way he likes me you're crazy, can we leave now" I told her.

  "Yes ma'am let me run to the women's room really quick" she said. I nodded and walked outside to wait at the car.

  I felt someone following me but I wasn't turning around. "Skyanna!" I heard Jaces voice and immediately stopped. "I don't remember telling you my name?" I was being a smartass. "Didn't take much to find out after finding out you was the alphas daughter." He smirked.

  "Hmm" I looked at him "kind of stalkerish".

  "I just wanted to know how you was feeling?" He asked.

  "I'm just fine, thanks." I said trying to keep it short.

  I wanted him to know I was angry for the way he blurted out what happened when I clearly wanted to keep it a secret.

  I saw Vivian walk out and I opened my car door, "let's go Viv".

  She got in without a word. "Can we talk later?" Jace asked. "I'm busy" I said firmly and slammed my door. I saw him smirk and turn around to walk back.

  Viv didn't even bother asking what that was about.