Chapter 70

*6 hours later*

We pull into a driveway, a small house sits surrounded by other houses, I assume to help us blend in. Taking the key, I open the door. It had a nice open floor plan and everything looked pretty modern. Beautiful chandelier sitting over a dining room table, and I huge marble island in the kitchen, the living room was huge and had a nice sectional sitting against the wall facing the seventy inch flat screen tv mounted to the wall. I continue my walk through, two bedrooms about the same size and a bathroom between them, doors connecting the rooms through the bathroom. On the other side of the hallway was a huge master bedroom, a closet just as big as one of those rooms and a huge bathroom with a stand-alone tub on one side and a waterfall shower on the other, a vanity on the opposite side of the room.

Alex comes in behind me dropping my bags on the huge bed, "this is your room" he says.
"You can have the big one Alex, I'll take the one connected to what will be the children's room" I smile at him big.
"I want to help out as much as I can when I'm here, please let me take that room so I can get to them at night while you sleep" he takes me hand in his and gives a gentle squeeze. I nod accepting his help. A smile growing across my face as I lay back in the bed.

Alex and I stay up all night talking about our plans for the following weeks. Painting the nursery, something gender neutral of course because I didn't want to find out the genders until they were born, buying cribs, and a rocking chair, decorations and getting everything set up. Next we planned when a good time to see a doctor would be, Jacob gave me the number of a doctor who said she'd do my check up and everything else I needed off the books. We talked about baby names, and picked a few out. Next we planned when his first trip back to our pack would be and how long I'd be alone for.

It only took us about a month to have everything we wanted to done, doctor says babies looks great and healthy. Alex and I would go on walks everyday, finding something new to eat everytime, we even found a farmers market that I really enjoyed. Alex told me when he left he didn't want me to leave too often, only for necessities, and I didn't argue.

Around 2 more months passed, I was 6 months pregnant and Alex was leaving for his third trip back to see our pack.
"Can I go this time, I really want to see my mom" I ask poking my bottom lip out.
Alex grabs my shoulders and runs his hands down to about my elbows, "has he still been trying to mind-link you?" He asks.
"Yes" I groan out.
"Then no" he says placing a hand on my swollen belly.
"Is it still bad?" I ask.
"It's not good. I'll be honest with you, I don't think they are going to give up" his eyes look down and I let out a sigh.
"Be careful while I'm gone, I'll be back in a week, max 2 weeks, don't hesitate to contact us if you need too" at that very moment a small foot kicks into my stomach and onto his hand, causing us both to laugh, "they are protesting you leaving us" I say.
He bends down to my stomach, "don't give mom a hard time while I'm gone, I'll be back shortly" he places a kiss to my stomach and then one on my forehead before shutting the door behind him and I let out a groan.

Alex and I had been closer than we ever were before, we'd stay up all night watching movies and eating popcorn or playing board games with a ton of snack food. Folding baby clothes and getting things set up for the twins. Everytime we'd go shopping he'd buy at least two new items for them. He'd talk to them through my stomach every night and every morning telling them stories that he remembered from us growing up. Everytime he'd leave it'd feel like he was taking a piece of us with him. I hated when he left, all I'd do was sit around watching tv or cleaning the house, the occasional stroll around the block but I didn't dare go to far still terrified he'd find me.

Jace would try to mind-link me multiple times throughout the day and Archie kept sending messengers to my brother, none of the messages were told to me, but they were always something along the lines of: I don't want to hurt her I just need to see her, make sure she's okay. That's all Alex would ever tell me. But I don't know why he wants to see me now, I'm still pregnant with Jaces babies and the way he acted about that, I don't think I ever want to see him again.
Sometimes when Jace tries to mind-link me I think about letting him in, I miss his voice. But then I remember what he sounded like kicking me out, his voice was scary, everything about his demeanor was terrifying, I will not do that again.

I lay in my bed, rubbing my hands up and down my big stomach, "I can't wait to meet you, I love you both to the moon and past the stars, always" I tell them every night before I go to sleep.