Chapter 18

I opened the door to see dad with alpha Dave, midnight rivers alpha, Jaces dad. Along with my mom and Luna Mary, Jaces mom.

  "Have a seat" dad motioned to a seat in front of him.

  "Have a done something?" I questioned.

  "Absolutely not honey!" Luna Mary grabbed my shoulders.

  There was another knock on the door.

  "Come in Jace" Alpha Dave's voice boomed.

  What is going on.

  Jace smiled at me when he walked in and came directly to my side.

  "What's all this about?" Im super confused.

  "I talked to your dad about my feelings" Jace looked down at me.

  "Son, are you sure?" Alpha Dave looked up from his phone. Jace nodded.

  "Jace, how positive are you that my daughter is your mate, is there any reasoning why you believe this" my dad asked, he has a friendly look on his face but his tone was the opposite.

  "Ever since I saw your daughter I have had a protective feeling over her. I can feel our mate bond when we touch, and her wolf responds to me easily, I'm 99% sure I'm her mate" Jace had his head high.

  Luna Mary came and kneeled beside me along side my mom. "Honey do you feel this too?" My mom asked. I looked down at my hands. Is that what the tingling sensation I feel is? A mate bond? How am I supposed to know I'm not even 18.

I reached up and grabbed Jaces hand. There it is. Again.

  "How long until your birthday?" Luna Mary asks.

  "About a week" I whispered.

  Jace put his hand on my back and I instantly shivered.

  "If you can feel the mate bond this early it must be very strong" my mom added.

  Jace looked at me and smiled, "you can be honest".

  "I think I do feel it, when we touch I feel fire running through my body, and no one have been able to calm violet so easily" I looked back at Luna Mary, "violet is my wolf" I specified.

  Luna Mary basically jumped onto me. "It will be wonderful having you as part of the family".

  Dad gave Jace a firm handshake, "like wise to you, our two packs connecting like this..." he trailed off.

  "I think we need to keep them apart until she's 18" alpha Dave chimed in "just to be safe".

  I jumped up. "What!" Jace yelled.

  "Watch your tone boy" both alphas boomed.

  "It's to be safe. If your bond is already this strong we need to make sure you don't mark her before her 18th birthday" alpha Dave explained "if she's marked earlier it could upset the balance".

  My dad nodded.

  "We will keep them out of school until graduation. Skys birthday is the day after" my dad added.

  "Can we go tomorrow!? We have a big project we have to show! It's half our grade!" I proclaimed

  "Yes, one more day." My dad gave me a glance.

  Jace slid his arm around my waist and laid his head on mine.

  My mom went to my dad, "their bond is strong, I can feel it.." she whispered in his ear but I could hear it.

  We all left my dad's office, Jace grabbed my hand and took my outside. "Be safe while I'm not around".

  "What could happen? I get kidnapped within the week? I doubt it" I was being sarcastic to hide my feelings.

  "Stop that" he said "I know you're only doing it to hide how you feel. I can't wait until our bond connects and I can feel everything you feel instead of wondering"

  "And what if all of this isn't true?" I asked.

  "What? Us being fated to each other?"

  I nodded.

  "Don't doubt it, it's going to be us, I'll pick you up in the morning" he gave me a soft quick kiss and went on his way.