Chapter Nine

Lauren hurriedly made her way out to Phoebe's house as soon she got a chance, the girl called her earlier crying and she can't say no. So basically she lied at Camila when she told her she's doing some errand but to Lauren's defense she just do not want them to get into an argument before going on  date because she's aware of how her girlfriend feels towards the said girl. She tried to leave couple of times because she's supposed to be there at 7:00. Oh crap! The time she checked her phone and her eyes almost popped out of their socket. It's already 10:23! She saw Camila's texts and missed calls.

Obviously she don't have a ride since she take a ride with her dad earlier, she is freaking out right now. She walked further hoping that a taxi would show up any minute. She don't want to call any of the girls and she's trying to call Camila but it went straight to voice mail.

Finally! A taxi came she get in and told him the address the restaurant wasn't that far from their neighborhood but Phoebe's is. The whole ride she's tapping her knee due to anxiousness, she feel so terrible. Camila was so excited about it, she rambled about it, she don't know if she's still waiting there or what but one thing is for sure wherever she is right now she is sad, and she hate being the reason of it. She doesn't like thinking of her crying and she is the one responsible for it, she can be sensitive and her mind would go to different bad thoughts and Lauren don't want that, she don't like it when it happens.

If only Lauren can be the one driving the car right now she would to speed it up and get there as soon as she can. She think that the driver is getting annoyed of her because she keep telling him to drive a little faster. When she saw the familiar surrounding she can't wait to get out of the taxi and run her  way to the restaurant. Lauren told the taxi to stop even though it's still not in the said place she want to run her way there cause she feel like it is taking too slow.

She paid the cab and started running towards the corner where the restaurant is located, and her heart dropped when she saw it's already closed. Well all of the stores are now closed, she look at the time and it's already 10:00 in the evening. Lauren started to explore the neighborhood thinking where her girlfriend could be possibly be at this time.

She started to run and going to the spot she think Camila might be at right now, the park, their secret spot, the lake, and her last stop the tree house that their parents built for them. She's breathing heavily, he body covered with sweat as she spotted her three best friends in front of Ally's house laughing and she started to try to get their attention.

"Lauren?!" Normani half yelled when they saw her, and started to run towards her.

"Have you seen Camila?" she asked as soon as they came to her.

"We thought you're with her? And aren't your date today?" Dinah asked confused.

"Yeah Laur I dropped her off around 6:30 or something" Ally said, when she reached up to them.

"Crap! Crap! Crap!" she said repeatedly, feeling her heart beating faster than it already is.

"Wait don't tell me..." Normani trailed of looking at her with a shocked expression.

"I lost track of time, I tried to find her. She wasn't there anymore and the restaurant is already closed" she said, getting even more stressed.

"Lauren are you serious?!" the tallest girl exclaimed.

"I wish I'm not, but I am. Girls help me find, gosh I'm so stupid" Lauren said, running a hand through her hair.

"Where did you really go anyway?" Normani asked, and she looked down.

"Phoebe" she whispered.

"Phoebe?!" the three said in unison, shock visible on their faces.

"Lauren did you just really ditched Camila for her?" Ally said when she kept her silence.

"It's no like that Ally, she need me" she reasoned out.

"And you think Camila don't? And the fact that you lied to her, didn't you think of how she would feel when she found out all of this?" Dinah said, feeling herself get upset of what her best friend did to her other best friend.

"Okay girls stop, let's go check if she's home. Nothing would happen if we'll just stand here" Normani said starting to walk, she want to ask Lauren if she like the other girl but opposed not wanting to add to the heat of the moment.

All four of them walk the small distance not speaking a word, Ally calming Dinah as she got really upset of the new information. As they reached the front of the Cabello's home Lauren rang the doorbell, they waited patiently until Sinu came into view Alejandro following behind and the green eyed girl doesn't know how to ask them.

"Girls where's Camila?" Ale asked when no one spoke.

"That's why we're here but you just answered our question. Lauren here kept her waiting there" Dinah snorted.

"Dinah how many time do I have to tell you I didn't mean to!" Lauren said getting annoyed.

"Really? Then you didn't mean to lie to her?!" the Tongan girl retorted.

"I know how she feel about Phoebe!"

"Exactly! But-" Dinah was about to answer but Sinu cut her off.

"Girls, stop it. Camila's here" she swatted and pointed at Camila who's entering their yard.

Their eyes met and Lauren's heart churned when she saw the look she got in her eyes. She heard Camila's parents telling they will let them handle it. The brown eyed girl heard Phoebe's name was mentioned.

"You met up with Phoebe? Is that why you never showed up?" she whispered, all the girls watching them and the older girlfriend is lost for words.

"Camz" she said, it's the only word she managed to say.

"Answer my question"

"Yes. But it's not-" she was cut off by her.

"I want to sleep. I'm going in" she said to no one, and wiped her tears. The three other girls stood there having no idea what to do.

"Camz please let me explain" she pleaded grabbing her hand but she shook it to free it from her grasp.

"Girls I'll talk to you tomorrow, I'm just tired. Sorry if I made you worry" and the other three nodded, telling her that they will come tomorrow.

Lauren didn't made a move to leave and Camila is about to close the door, she won't be mad if it weren't just for the new information she found out. She was sad earlier but it increased right now, that she managed to resist Lauren. The door closed and two girls cried at the different side of it.

The older girl stayed their siting at the first step of her girlfriend's house, her head is hanging low, shoulders shaking regretting her past actions. The girls have been telling her about Camila's jealousy towards Phoebe they actually talked about it before, she doesn't understand why but earlier she found out why. All this time she's hurting her and she didn't realize her sooner, to add up to it she had an argument with one of her best friend, speaking of they are still there watching her from a distance.

They are contemplating whether or not they would make their presence notice, and they finally decided to comfort her. Dinah who's upset towards her can feel her inside softening seeing her like that.

They all sat near each other not talking, letting her cry. Until Lauren broke it.

"I'm sorry girls"

"Lauren you don't have anything to say sorry to us. I was just upset because I know how Camila felt that time. But I'm sorry for not understanding you more, without even hearing your explanation" Dinah said, putting her arm around the girl.

They stayed there talking hoping and waiting for Camila to come out, they literally saw the sunrise but no Camila came. They decided to go inside hoping that they will soon fix their misunderstanding.