Chapter ThirtyEight

Camila is slouched down on their sofa, watching TV a tub of chocolate ice cream on her hand. She just arrived from school, they practiced for graduation. She can't believe in three days school is over and her last summer being an High School is pretty soon.

Camila got nothing better to do in this hot Tuesday afternoon, Shawn went somewhere else with his parents, he somehow managed to let them know that a family bonding is an important thing more than business meetings and earning money all the time. The girls, well she doesn't know where they are right now, they just disappeared after dropping her off. Knowing them they are probably gushing over some new hot boy in town. Camila shook her head in that thought a smile forming on her lips.

A moment later when her favorite part of Friends is on that she was so engrossed with it and her ice cream, the door bell rang, silently she groaned and complaing mentally. She stood up hoping whoever that is Worth It. She grumbled before finally pausing the movie, to then walk towards the door.

To say Camila was surprise to see the woman standing in front of her is an understatement. If it was couple months ago it won't be a surprise and an awkward situation to her. But with everything that had happened it is strange to be alone with her again.

After she recovered from her shock state she cleared her throat rather awkwardly to speak.

"Mama Clara?" she asked more than greeted.

"Yeah. It's me, you look surprise honey" the older woman said amused.

"Sorry" she mumbled and looked down at her bare foot, her cheeks flushed.

"Sorry for making you uncomfortable Camila" Clara said with an apologetic smile.

"Oh no. I was just surprise to see you. But if you're looking for mom, she's not around. They went out somewhere with dad" she explained, now finally gaining back her composure.

"Actually sweetie I came here to talk to you" she said and Camila got a little bit nervous with that but she tried to act naturally

"It's nothing bad, don't worry" Clara assured, apparently sensing her discomfort.
"And Camila if you're not comfortable with me being here just tell me. I will go, no hard feelings"

"Please don't say that. I.. uh.. you know the reason why" she stammered, scratching the back of her neck.

"So can I come in?" Clara smiled hopefully.

"Oh gosh! Yeah, yeah. Please come in. I'm sorry, I was kind of lost in the moment" she apologized, opening the door widely to let Clara in.

Camila went to the kitchen to grab both of them a drink, she surely needs one to calm herself. She saw Clara sitting on the couch, she doesn't look uncomfortable or anything. She look just like her usual self. She handed her the drink and she thanked her. Camila sat to the single couch facing Lauren's mom.

"I heard that you and Lauren are not in good terms again" the woman started after taking a sip from her juice.

"Well yeah. We haven't talk in a while" she admitted, sighing remembering the last conversation they had.

"I'm sorry on behalf of my daughter. I know that she 'caused you a lot of troubles lately" Clara said sincerely.

"You don't have to. It's done now, all we have to do is move on and learn from it"

"Is it really?"

"What do you mean?" Camila asked confused.

"Is it really over? I am not here to explain my daughter's side honey, but I've known you since you were a kid. You are my daughter and I want to look after you not just only Lauren"