Chapter TwentyNine

It is now only Shawn and Camila who are left outside, most of them already called it a night although it's already early in the morning, the others went somewhere else to visit their extended Family, like Dinah who will be back the day before New Years Eve. She doesn't know where Lauren is though, she haven't seen her after their mini performance.

Shawn stayed with her, his parents held a party with their business partners and he doesn't want to be there. He seems sad about it, his parents not having time for him aside from business related stuff.

"A lot think it's easy you know, I mean I am fortunate comparing to others but it also sucks, 'cause there are things money can't buy... the important things" he said and Camila stared at him listening intently, for all the times they spent together it is his first time to actually open about it, Camila kind of knew this before but it's different and she feel special because Shawn is sharing such thing.

"I'm sorry if I am complaining at you, you must be bored" he chuckled.

"Don't say that, just talk. I would listen, okay?" Camila assured him and the young man nodded gratefully.

"All they care about is business, they spend most of their times with people who they can have benifits. When I am with them, they remind my of all the things I should be prepared of. They didn't even ask me if that's what I want to do, you know?" He sighed, his shoulders slumping and Camila hugged him with one hand putting her head on his shoulder.

"It'll all be okay. And if not you always have me, us" she whispered.

"You girls are so lucky, because your parents want to spend time with you. Your closeness is endearing, I admire that about you. I feel happy and normal when I'm around you guys. You don't make me feel uncomfortable and weird" Shawn said, Camila raised her head together with an eyebrow at him.

"Not even with the girls?" She asked playfuly.

"Of course not. They are funny and cool. I like them" he smiled and said truthfully.

"How about me?"

"How about you?"

"Do you like me?" She smiled like a child, their playful vibe now back.

"Is that even a question?" He smiled.

"Just answer it" she pouted.

"Of course. I really like you" he smiled reaching his eyes, and he ruffled Camila's hair who's smiling happily at him. But little did she know Shawn means something more.

*****

She can't sleep and kept staring on a small box beside her that is why here she is now on her way to a particular place.

Camila is walking towards a place she haven't been before, it used to be her escape but it holds a lot of memories she doesn't think she want to remember, well that was before. It's different now, she's is so different now.

She push the bushes out of her way to reveal her path to Her and Lauren's secret place.

She frowned when she saw the small lights are lit up, it's only the two of them who knows about the place.. unless.

She walked faster but not faster as her heart beat. She almost tripped and her idea was confirmed.

Lauren is sitting under the tree staring blankly ahead of her, Camila can still walk away and Lauren doesn't seem to notice her presence but instead she found herself approaching the brunette slowly.

Lauren turned her head towards her she look suprised just like her earlier. But soon recovered and gave her a tight smile which she returned weakly.