Chapter TwentySix

Shawn is still standing by Camila's side who doesn't seem to be bothered by all the eyes watching him, he'd been used to all of it especially he grew up being watch by a lot of diferent people. Camila on the other hand feels so uncomfortable but she much prefer their awed expressions than to pity her considering it's her first day back in school so Shawn pretty much outrated her and Lauren's break up. Her friends recovered a little bit by the fact that they are hanging out with Shawn Mendes when they put it that way it seems such a big deal. Shawn needs to do a lot of explaining later.

She was confused why he still followed them inside the room and sat beside her, Dinah gladly gave him her seat and sat in front of them asking the other kid sitting there. She faced him quirking an eyebrow and he raised both his in responce with his boyish smile, that Camila likes seeing in him. Now don't be malicious, Camila and Shawn share a brother/sister relationship. And Camila would admit the boy's existence did a big toll in her life, she likes having him around and she feel comfortable around him. If you haven't noticed yet.

The final bell rang, all the students inside stopped murmuring once their teacher came inside the room although they still trying to glance at Shawn.

Shawn stood up walking over to their teacher and Camila kept an eye on him curiously, the whispers begin again. And Normani gives her an questioning look and she shrugged not having any idea herself.

"Oh class I would love to announce such a great news!" Mrs. Harp said clapping her hands a little failing to hide her excitement and Camila chuckled at their teacher who she rarely see act like that.

"Mr. Mendes here would be joining us for the rest of the school year. Welcome your new classmate" she grinned, and turned to look at Shawn who's smiling cooly beside her.

The girls squealed including her three best friends, and as for Camila she just remain on her place eyeing Shawn.

"And Mr. Mendes you surely can sit beside Ms. Cabello over there" both Shawn and Camila blushed at the news Mrs. Harp shared.

Camila kept her eye on her lap and Shawn scratch the back of his neck sheepishly taking his seat back.

The lesson begun, the students attention's now focused on the teacher well except Ally, Normani, and Dinah who kept giving her suggestive smiles ignoring her glares.

The day was filled with lot of curious glances and the not so subtle chit-chat between the girls, surprisingly they haven't crossed path with Lauren yet, they have classes with her as well so it's kind of inevitable not to see her. Camila shook her head to get rid of the thought.

It's strange to be with Shawn and her friends at the same time, plus all of the students who never lost their interest on Shawn. Camila's used of just the two of them with hot chocolate in their hands.

The young man never left Camila's side all day, giving kind and polite smiles with the people who's smiling at him, he even waved at some freshmen girls making them squeal and faint... such a dramatic she thought.

"I gor your number from Dinah.. I hope that's okay" he said suddenly shy, Camila chuckled at him.

"Of course Stranger, hey don't act different. It should be me y'know" she said nudging him.

"So would you girls like a ride home?" He offered and that caught her friends' attention and she widened her eyes at them and they looked away sadly.

"That's so nice but we're bringing our car. Thank you though"

"Oh that's well... how about I'll pick you up tomorrow?" He asked hopefully.

"Yes you can! You can even drive us back home after" Normani butted in and she glared at her the other girl sticking her tongue out.