Night 5 - Running out

We ran out of water in the lab. Which means we will soon be running out of water period. How didn't we think about it before?

I feel stupid. It never occurred to us this could happen. Without water what will happen to us? We're already living without electricity. I don't know how we will handle that. Of course we discussed about it and we ended up arguing against each other.

I think we were wrong to think of staying inside the building. We have to try and look for other survivors like us who aren't robbers. We have to go on some houses and found food and water.

Anna disagrees. Of course. She doesn't want to go back outside the high school which is something I can understand after what happened yesterday. However I don't think we have a choice here. Without help we can last at best three or four days before dying of exhaustion and dehydration.

And I don't want to look selfish or whatever but I'm more like... I don't want to die. All we did those past days was to survive. Obviously I'm not a big fan of what is happening outside the building and I don't really want to go out. Except I do because it is our only way to survive this crisis.

Well at least to try to survive. We heard a lot of gunshots today. It started with the one when we were singing – what were we thinking taking shower, singing and wasting our time and our water resources like that when we could have been trying to find some solutions to our problems? – and then we heard another when we were eating.

Throughout the afternoon we heard more and more of them. Sometimes they were clearly "answering" each other which means Robbers are even killing each other. At first they seemed far from the high school but they did felt closer this evening.

They stopped an hour ago – we still don't have any precise idea of the time but it felt like an hour. Since then we're back in this oppressive silent I never knew existed before the App-ocalypse.

Anna has fallen asleep real quick but she is moving a lot in her sleep and mumbling words I can't understand. She's in the room next to the one I'm standing but she insisted that I stayed with her when she went to "bed" – which is a pillow on the floor – even though we were still arguing. I think she is even more scared than I am of the silence and the crappy situation we are living.

We decided to take a decision (... lol!) tomorrow in the morning about what to do. I'm not going to change my mind so let's hope she'll understand how going looking for food and something to drink is our only way to survive.