Day 9 - Waiting for them

We ran out of gas. Shocker.

It happened this morning before I woke up. Anna did see it coming so she was trying to get us in a city.

Unfortunately, Georges wasn't this clever and pretty much screwed us when he was driving yesterday. He didn't pay attention to our gas level so when Anna took back her driver status on our group she had to do her best.

And her best wasn't even good. Of course it's not her fault but all she could do was to take us near a city - and it failed pretty hard because we're like in the middle of the desert.

That could be okay if Anna and Georges didn't decide that it was a good idea to go look for a gas station or for some fuel. Yes, it looks as a good idea I know. But letting Michael and I behind them isn't their best idea so far.

They've been gone for hours and I don't know what to do. I played with Michael and bonded with him - but I already have the feeling that I always knew him. We spent so much time together. We're basically living together on a 24h basis so there is not a thing I don't know about him or about Georges or about Anna.

So as always Michael is taking a nap. Fun fact about those naps: they started with the App-ocalypse. I think he might have a PTSD or something which is another thing that shouldn't come as a surprise to me. But it always is.

Anyway that's not the point. The point is I'm afraid again. And I'm not getting use to it. I mean I'm afraid almost every minute of each day. But of course sometimes it's worse. And right know it is. I have no way to contact them and it's been hours.

What if they don't come back? What if someone find us before they're back ? What if that someone is a robber ?

I tried to stop them when they decided to go looking for fuel but they acted like I was a silly teenager which is a thing I resent about them. I suppose Anna took advantage of the situation as a revenge after what happened the other day. Still, this is horrible to be left alone on this road with a child. Anything could happen to us and they act like they don't care.

Which of course is not what it is. I suppose it's good for them to be together in the desert between adults and stuff. Should I be jealous of being left out ?

I am jealous that my word doesn't count at all when we have a group decision situation. I am not jealous that I don't have to walk into this desert land of fields with them. Even if I'd give anything to know what they are doing. I'm as scared for them as I am for me. What if they meet Robbers on their way? What if they have some kind of accident? I have to stop thinking about them.

Except I don't have anything else to think about since even my thoughts about Mark aren't helping anymore. I don't want to be more delusional than I was before. There is a lot of chance this guy doesn't even care about me now.

Should I be more concerned about Cassandra ? Probably. Except I can't do anything about that. Just as I can't do anything to know more about my parents current situation or Anna and Georges hanging out in the corn field.

That whole App-ocalypse is fucked up and I'm still surprised by that one day after another. I should learn more from my mistake.

Well. This whole writing's been fun so far but it can't keep my thought away from.. Well, me. I'd better be watching out around me. I don't want to be surprised by a Robber. If I see an enemy coming, I might be prepared to welcome him. I still have my knife after all.