Day 48 - Taking the right decision (again)

NYC'S SQUAD COMPROMISED. NEED HELP.

WE'LL LEAVE THE COUNTRY TOMORROW. PLANE WILL BE IN NYC.

I can't believe it. We easily deciphered the code once we understood that it was just a reversed alphabet (A=Z, B=Y, C=X...). And I'm in New-York's airport, with everyone, including Anna, Georges, Edmund, Xia and Anton. This is just incredible.

When they arrived at the airport after leaving us yesterday, they noticed the airport wasn't empty. That was not a surprise to them, they were convinced Suzanne and some French guys would be here for days. Except it wasn't French people that welcomed them. Oh no, it was guys with weapons, shooting at them. They avoided the worst because they were still in their car. They broke doors of the airport with it and military men shooting at them from here fled away.

Yes, military men. We foundthem. It is incredible. They were obviously planning to leave the country and had the same idea Georges had. The only problem is they didn't expect us to be here. So that was sort of the good news : we know where the military men are.

Except we don't. They are somewhere on the airport, we're almost certain about that, but that is all we know. We didn't see them since we arrived. The other bad news is that there is no French crew waiting for us. We have no news of them and we don't know if it's a good thing or not. Probably not.

Once we deciphered the code we ran downstairs. It was obvious we had to come to the airport, to alert our friends and maybe to find out more about the App. I think we all had hope that those messages were coming from our military guys. It was talking about a squad after all. There was only a thin chance and we never thought it was really them until we arrived.

We came with the bus, Nathan was driving us. It was somehow a great ride. We were worried about our friends, so he speeded up all the way to the airport and it was sort of nice to see New-York at such speed.

When we arrived, Georges welcomed us. He recognized the bus and came at us with the car, fearing the military men could be shooting us otherwise. We approached the airport carefully. We entered into it with the bus. Yes, it was exactly as if we were in a movie. There is now a bus and a car in the middle of the airport. And somewhere into it, there are also military men and probably kids. Michael could be here right now if we're lucky.

I wasn't expecting such feelings to see all of them. We all hugged, the eleven of us, as if we didn't see each other for years when we said what was supposed to be our last goodbye only a few hours before. There is no way to explain it, maybe it's because they thought they were about to die when they were shot, maybe it's because we thought they were screwed when we read those messages, but now it really feels like we never fought at all.

We all have the same aim. We want to find those military guys and take back the kids, no matter what. They tried to kill us again. Xia had her gun and tried to shoot them from her car yesterday but she missed them and she is almost out of ammo. Nathan and Will also have their guns, and they took with them Sebastian's one and gave him back. Rose and Elaine also have guns. This is incredible. I don't feel safe around them because of those guns, even though I know we need them to defend ourselves. Then again I don't feel safe anywhere for a while now. I don't feel safe period.

I want to find Michael of course, but I'm not much of a fighter. I don't want to be confronted to guns. I don't want to shoot at anybody, just as much as I don't want to be shoot at. I also don't want to be kidnapped again. I remembered how I felt last time I saw those guys. I know how dangerous they are, how powerful.

I warned the other. They don't seem to believe me. I'm still just a child after all. We spent the night in the bus. Two of us were awake during one hour and a half to keep watching the airport. We were afraid those military men attacked us during the night. They didn't.

Now we're all waiting for a new message on the phone, telling us what they're about to do. They don't know we know their code. They don't know we have a phone. They don't know anything about us. So we are stronger than them.

We decided to divide the group. We are going to search the airport and find them no matter what. They have so many answers! We have only two walkie-talkies so we're making two groups. I'm going with Georges, Anton, Xia, Anna and Sebastian. Nathan, Rose, Will, Elaine and Melissa are in the second one. We are going to search every bit of the airport and as soon as one of our group find something, it is warning the other about it.

I'm scared. For the first time in my life, I realized I don't know if I'm going to end the day alive. Of course, we lived plenty of terrible moments but I never had a warning as strong as today. Today, we are really going towards our deaths. We are looking for a fight. And we're okay with it because we know why we're doing that. Maybe we won't survive today, but at least we all have took the right decision.

We'll fight to the end. For Michael. For Kurt. For Lily. For Andrew. For all the kids we may find in the hands of those kidnappers. And maybe in doing so we'll learn who is behind the App and why they tried to destroy the world.

Yeah, sure Eliza, that last sentence is making so much sense.