Day 47 - Saying goodbye

I cried all night. A part of me was hoping that they'll stay with me to find Michael or I don't know. They abandoned me this morning. They agreed to stay last night, to say their goodbyes properly on the morning and to let Sebastian gathered his stuff. I watched them leave me and then my heart suddenly broke and I couldn't stand it anymore. The positive side of this story is that I had an entire building to hide and cry.

Edmund was the first to say goodbye to me. He told me he hoped to meet me again someday when everything would be fine. Which is never I guess. Xia wasn't that hypocritical. She just wished me luck and hugged me. I didn't want her hug but if felt good to feel some sympathy coming from her. Then came Anton who was hiding his tears. He couldn't say anything and left without a word.

Georges and Anna came together. Georges said he forgave me for what I did yesterday (!) and was leaving without any resentment. He asked me if I was sure about my decision. What he just said before had convinced me I didn't want to go with him and follow him anymore. We hugged and that was all. He left me with Anna. Oh, that pain...

There was a long and obviously akward silence. She just looked at me. I tried to smile but I was still upset about what she said to me earlier so I couldn't. "I hope you won't regret it, Eliza. I wish there was something I could do to make you come with us."

THERE WAS SOMETHING YOU COULD DO STUPID GIRL!

I found myself on the verge of tears and hoping again that something was possible between us. I hated her for what she said to me yesterday and wanted to be with her in the same time. It was heartbreaking and exhausting to be in the same room as her. When she understood I wasn't about to say anything else, she just tried to leave the room but I caught her arm. I couldn't let her go. Not like that, not this way.

The words were out of my mouth before I could do anything about it and even though they were spontaneous I still remember every one of them because that was stupid to say them... But it felt good: "I really loved you, Anna. Take care of you. Don't forget me...".

Don't forget me the way you forgot Michael. Except she didn't let me finish. I couldn't finished my sentence because she was kissing me on the chick. It was a tender kiss. There was nothing erotic in it, it was just pure affection, it was just perfect. There really is something between us. It's not just love. It can't be love because she can't love anybody else than her husband, not yet. I get it now. There will never be more between us because of that. Maybe I met her too soon.

Sebastian arrived at this moment. He was crying, he had just said goodbye to everyone else. We didn't really knew each other and he was embarrassed to interrupt Anna's kiss. He just made a silent goodbye sign to me, but Anna had heard him. She told me she shouldn't stay here with me and then left the room.

I went to the nearest window to catch a glimpse at the street, miles and miles away, downstairs. The door opened again behind me. It was Anton. He ran toward me and hugged me – "Goodbye lil' sis', please never change who you are, 'cause you're the nicest girl I ever knew" he whispered to my hear. Before I could do or say anything, he was gone. That was even more crushing than Anna's goodbye.

They were gone. All of them were gone. I lost my family again, just like that. Anton had never called me "sis'" before. And even if I know I took the right decision, it is killing me. What will I say to Michael if I succeed in my quest to find him?

I felt so alone today.

I finally decided to go in the same room as the other around lunchtime. This afternoon, we're trying to decipher the mysterious code with the help of Elaine and Rose. Nathan and William are looking for food on flats we haven't visited yet. Melissa is doing her crosswords again. She doesn't try to help us even though she could probably be helpful. I mean, crosswords, code with words. It's all sort of the same, isn't it?

We're blocked so I stopped to write, I needed to write down those goodbyes. We based our theory in a intuition. We suppose those two messages are forming sentences :

MBX'H-HJFZW-XLNKILNRHVW|MVVW-SVOK| and DV'OO-OVZEV-GSV-XLFMGIB-GLNLIILD|KOZMV-DROO-YV-RM-MBX|. The second one is really interesting because of the beginning "DV'OO" and then towards the end "DROO". Rose had the intuition the O could be used to replace a L. Once you do that, the D is obviously a W, the V could be an E and the R an I. We tried to change each letter according to those matches and we have now:

_ _ _'_ - _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ I _ E _ | _ E E _ - _ _ L _ and W E'L L - L _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ W | _ L _ _ _ - W I L L - _ _ - I _ - _ _ _ |

Which is a beginning. We're pretty sure about those two words. Now we are all investigating our own theories regarding other words. I replaced each M with a N because of the second message with the "RM" which is "I _". It looks like an "IN" to me : N _ _'_ - _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ I _ E _ | N E E _ - _ _ L _ and W E'L L - L _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ - _ _ _ N _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ W | _ L _ N _ - W I L L - _ _ - I N - N _ _ |

Then, it helped me guess that "N E E _" may be "NEED". Which means W = D : N _ _'_ - _ _ _ _ D - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ I _ E D | N E E D - _ _ L _ and W E'L L - L _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ - _ _ _ N _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ W | _ L _ N _ - W I L L - _ _ - I N - N _ _ |

So that is where I am. Elaine has not found anything either. Rose just asked me about where I was and she seems interested by my theory which is working better than her's. Oh. She notices that D = W and W = D in my theory. So maybe we should reverse all we have so far to see if it's wor... Well, apparently it is working, she just did that. Then...

This is... Wait. Oh my god. OH MY GOD! I think we have it! Rose is trying something real good, she is writing on a board in front of me and.. OH MY GOD!

------------------------------

Yep. That's it for today. See you next week, good luck if you try to finish their works ;)