Day 12 - Feeling at home

Life goes on.

I didn't think I would be able to think that again since I left home to go to the highschool with Anna. However, this is what I feel right now. It's been two days since we arrived at the O'Kagan - I only discovered their name this morning though - and life has turned into peaceful moments between us.

We share our meal, we wash, we go to bed. We really live as if all was well. Except we don't really know each other. It brings some weird situations - like me seeing Anton in the bathroom or Michael finding out what a woman's period was after Adriana asked me for a tampoon this morning (and thank God I luckily didn't left them behind me in the bus). Other than those moments where we clearly remember that we don't belong to the same family we do feel like one.

Adriana is doing all she can to be the best mom possible to every one of us. John is a father-figure even I accept (I mean hey! I'm supposed to be a superficial and annoying teen girl, right?). Michael is our little brother. I looked at Georges as a big brother. Of course, things are more complicated when it comes to Anton. Even if he obviously doesn't speak about it anymore, I still remember what happened between us - and so does he. I often catch him staring at me and I think he really wants me to be his girlfriend. I'm as discreet as him: I've felt myself blushing once or twice when he caught me looking at him. I can't help but look because I perfectly remember what I saw and I'm asking myself a million questions.

Apart from my parents and Cassandra I've never seen anyone naked before the App-ocalypse. I don't know how to interact with someone I saw naked, especially with a guy. Where am I supposed to look at him? I can't look him in the eyes without blushing, but looking elsewhere isn't the best solution either...

Things are different with Anna. Now that we share the same room - and bed - I had a few glimpses at her boobs. She dresses up and gets undressed in front of me in the morning and in the evening. And even if I turned my eyes from her, I can see her in the mirror of the room or in the window reflecting the room. Of course I try not to look - after all I also change my clothes in the same room and wouldn't really want her to see me naked I think. However since we share the room I'm less uncomfortable about the whole naked-thing. Plus, she saw me as much as I saw her. On the contrary, I caught Anton's gaze wandering over my body - probably imagining things.

Living together also brought some of us to argue against each other, especially Anton and Georges. Both of them like to be alone sometimes and it's not an easy thing to do when you're in a house full of people. Georges even said he felt more alone in the back of the bus than he feels anywhere else in the house. John suggested he should go to the barn to find a quiet place and he did.

They're not the only ones to fight: Anna and Adriana argued about a recipe yesterday evening. It all started about a little something but it turned into a loud argument in which we all took part. Michael was the reasonable one on this one. He told us to stop because we were being ridiculous. And when a eight year-old kid tells you that you feel ridiculous enough to stop arguing.

Well, we're a dysfunctional family brought together by an App-ocalypse. Of course we fight and have our lows, but I cherish the time we're spending together at the living-room table where we eat. Also, we do have music in here since Anton plays guitar and since we have CDs. The last two night turned into a karaoke thing where we sang and danced.

It really feels like holidays to be here and I'm starting to think life can be good after all.

We're all safe and fine. What could we ask? Peace in the world? Well we'll see about that.