Day 16 - Tidying

We had took a lot of risks yesterday but basically we now have two and a half months of food ahead of us.

Yes that's right. Two and a half months. I'm glad to know that because well first this means we can stop worrying for now. Then it also means that Darling and her drunk boyfriend had more food for the two of them than what they needed. We didn't even steal their whole stock of food so they still have enough to keep on living.

They'll be ok and I'm glad to know that. I mean sure they try to kill us but they had their reasons.

We convinced Adriana and John to hide our food in the shelter under the house. They were reticent to the idea mainly because it means we had to go there everyday instead of just going to the kitchen.

However they admitted it was a good idea because the plan always was to hide there in case of Robbers coming to visit us. Why should we let them take our food? Because that's exactly how we get it?

I don't think so. They were stupid but now we know. Let's be smarter than Darling and her boyfriend. Let's hide our food !

This was - is - a good idea but it was also a large waste of time. We spent the afternoon trying to move all of the food and to organize it.

The shelter is way larger than I expected it to be. It's crazy. They have beds and food in there (I mean they had food in there before we took it all inside it). Who are they? They have five beds, and a bathroom, and a place to cook. Under their house. This is amazing but still strange. It looked just like the start of a crazy-awesome random sitcom.

Anyway we flood the space with food. There's food everywhere. Which is a good thing because it's cool to know that we won't run out of it anytime soon. We can eat just as much as we want and once more I have the feeling to be in the middle of my holidays - not in the middle of the App-ocalypse.
So basically we spent the whole day seeing that we were really lucky and to realise it is a great feeling to be alive. We should have died yesterday.

Strangely Anna didn't get any nightmare when she slept as if our adventures had stopped them. Maybe she survived through too much to be bothered by nightmares about a dog. I had myself stop thinking about it some days ago when we arrived here - but I didn't kill the sleeper. I'm not even sure now what I picture of it in my mind is the real replica of what I saw. It just faded away because too much happened since then.

And also because I prefer to remember our good times instead of our numerous lows. I may be delusional again or something! Do I care about my mental health? No, clearly not. That's the way I am and it's cool. I want to move on to the next chapter of my life - of our live. I think we're ready to handle what's coming.

Maybe we should start figuring out what happened fifteen days ago.