45

Brianna's POV

Monday morning came and I had time to think about what Mikey said. My dad should know, but how do I tell him? He knew about Drew just from Mikey telling him then, so he knows it's not my first boyfriend. But he also knows Luke...and knows he doesn't have the best reputation.

I messed with my cereal, thinking too much to eat. It just feels like I'm hiding something, and I hate it. My dad was rushing around downstairs to get his stuff together, and I got the idea to just tell him now. He's distracted, maybe he won't think much of it?

"Daddy?" I spoke up, my heart pumping.

"Yes, Brianna?" he asked, going through the cupboards.

"I...I have to tell you something. It's not that big of a deal, but I thought you should know..." I started not sure exactly how too say it. I shook my head, cutting to the chase. "I have a boyfriend."

My dad stopped what he was doing, making me regret the decision to do it now. I sat there, biting my lip with my back facing my dad. I couldn't hear anything, I couldn't see what he was doing, I couldn't even see his facial expression. I slowly turned around and saw my dad nodding.

"Daddy?" I questioned, needing some sort of response other than just nods.

"What's his name?" he asked me.

I gulped, this was the hard part. "Luke," I answered cautiously, thinking that maybe I wouldn't have to specify which Luke. It's a popular name, it didn't mean it had to be Luke Hemmings.

"Luke..." my dad trailed off, then walking to another side of the counter. "How long have you two been dating?" he continued. Maybe he didn't make the connection!

"Um...about a month now...I haven't really had the chance to tell you and I forgot to mention it at lunch the other day," I explained, still unsure about how he was feeling.

"How old is he? He's not...oh no!" My dad stopped as he glanced at the clock. "I have to go, but how about this? I try to clear up a day this weekend, or at least half the day, to take you and your boyfriend out to dinner so I can get to know him?" my dad suggested.

My eyes widened and I started to panic on the inside. "Um...daddy? I don't know if that's..."

"I don't have a lot of time, sweetie. But I'll give you more details on the dinner when I get back from work," he interrupted, grabbing his keys.

"I'm not sure we'll be able..."

"I have to got hun," he walked over to me, kissing my head. "Make sure you get to school on time!" he called as he left, leaving me sitting at the table. How am I gonna tell Luke about the dinner? Or a bigger problem...how am I gonna get Luke to go to the dinner? And how will my dad react once he sees that my boyfriend is Luke Hemmings?

I hopped into the passenger seat of Luke's car once I heard him pull up, greeting him. "Hey!" I closed the door.

"Hey, nice ," he complimented, making me blush a little. I felt different, but in a good way, I liked the look and the feeling that came with it. I smiled and pecked him on the lips. He surprised me when he leaned back over afterwards, giving an actual kiss.