12

-Brianna's POV-

        It was finally Friday and I entered the school in a happy mood due to the fact it was sunny and the end of the week.  I probably looked weird since it was still early in the morning and I had a smile on my face, but I didn't care at the moment.  I even noticed Brook and Claire glancing my way!

        "Well, what's got you in a happy mood?"  Sophie asked, smiling as I approached her and Ally.

        "It's sunny, it's Friday, and I'm actually looking forward to being dragged to my brother's gig tonight!"  I replied once I reached them.

        "You're excited to go to some concert?"  Ally raised an eyebrow, doubtful of me.

        "Yeah!  I mean, usually they play the same old stuff but they're actually playing a new song today!"  I explained, probably not helping my case since both of them weren't really into the whole "band" thing.  Especially Ally who thought it was a waste of time.

        "Are you doing okay?  I mean, the next thing you'll tell me is that you won't do homework until after the show," Ally joked, though she might actually be right.  I might not have too much time to do homework before their gig.

        Sophie shook her head at Ally but chuckled at her joke.  "Well I think it's great that you're excited to watch your brother.  Sister support, I call it," Sophie said.  She had an older brother too, he was just in college right now.  He was studying to become a lawyer at the moment, which meant he was smart and like she is.  It might be part of her motivation.

        "Whatever you call it, it's different than normal," Ally concluded.  She was an only child and didn't get the whole "supporting a sibling" concept.

        "Hey, Brianna."

        I turned around and came face to face with Drew.  I raised my eyebrows, surprised that someone, especially as attractive as Drew, was talking to me.  "Uh, hi."

        "You're in my math class, right?" he asked.  I nodded, understanding why he was talking to me now.  Something to do with homework or what we're doing in class.  "I thought so.  You're pretty quiet so I wasn't sure, but we should talk sometime.  Maybe we can talk more in math?"

        Now I was back to being shocked.  "Y-yeah.  Sure!"  I agreed.

        He smiled.  "Cool, see you in math," he said before walking away.

        I slowly turned around to face my friends once again.  Both of them had their jaws dropped, as did I.  "Did that just happen?"  I asked blankly.

        Sophie quickly nodded.  "Yes!  Oh my gosh!  Do you think he likes you?  Have you talked before?  What is going on?!" she blurted question after question.

        "I don't know, do you think anything could happen?"  I asked hopefully.

        "Okay guys, let's just go through what happened," Ally stepped in.  "Drew Reedman, the most popular and cutest guy in school, just approached Brianna, one of the smartest and quietest girls in the school.  Not only did he approach her, but said they should talk," she basically summed it up, shaking her head.  "It can't be possible!  Not to be mean, but guys like him don't like girls like us."

        "You never know, Ally!  I mean, he literally just walked up to me out of nowhere!" I pointed out.

        "He's just out of our league!  He's popular, good looking, athletic, and everything else we're not!  It couldn't happen, and I don't want you getting your hopes up just to get hurt," Ally explained, being "logical".  "Like I said, I'm not trying to be mean, just realistic."