21

-Brianna's POV-

        Luke didn't exactly ignore me, but he wasn't talking much either.  He still showed up to class and have a small conversation with me, but that's about it.  Luke and I just seemed to have an up and down relationship.  Sometimes we fought, and sometimes we got along.  I don't think it helped that Drew was constantly hugging and kissing me, especially around Luke for some reason.  It was honestly annoying and rude of him, but I didn't want him to think I don't like it so I just remain quiet.

        It was the weekend though, and Luke and I were meeting at an ice cream shop nearby.   I got there a few minutes early as usual, but Luke surprisingly did as well.

        "Ready for today?" I asked as he walked over to me.

        "Can we get ice cream first?  It's the only reason I agreed to come to an ice cream shop," Luke said, pointing towards the counter.

        I shrugged.  "Sure, I guess I could use a treat as well," I agreed, standing up from my seat and following Luke to the counter.  I glanced up at the prices before deciding on what I wanted.  "I'll have a small...actually a medium bowl of cookies and cream ice cream," I ordered, not being able to resist.  I don't have ice cream too often and I'm hungry!

        "I'll...actually have the same thing as her," Luke ordered after me.  I raised my eyebrows towards him as the lady got our ice creams, surprised he got the same thing as me.  Luke looked down at me.   "What?"

        I was about to reply, but our ice creams came.  We both took them and walked back to the table I had picked and sat down.  "I'm surprised you ordered the same thing as me," I finally answered.

        "I'm surprised you ordered a medium and not a small," he commented.

        I shrugged, scooping some ice cream up.  "I'm hungry.  It's what I usually get anyway."

        "Really?"

        I looked back at Luke after taking a bite and swallowing.  "Yeah...why are you surprised?"

        "It's what I always get," he answers before taking a bite himself.

        "Well, I guess we learned yet another thing about each other," I said, taking a bite as well. 

        We sat in silence, just eating our ice cream.  After a few minutes, I could hear Luke quietly laughing.  I furrowed my eyebrows at him, wondering why he was laughing.  "What's so funny?"

        "Y-you have ice c-cream above you l-lip," he laughed, throwing his head back.

        I blushed, grabbing a napkin from the few I took and wiping my mouth.  I watched as Luke continued to laugh at me, feeling more and more embarrassed, and then annoyed.  I glanced down at my ice cream before back up at Luke who was having a grand ol' time laughing at me.  I smiled at an idea, scooping up a little bit of ice cream and standing a bit.  I leaned over the table and swiped the ice cream onto Luke, getting it on his nose.

        Luke stopped laughing and looked over at me, not looking happy.  Now it was my turn to laugh at Luke.  He looked so ridiculous, looking all "bad" and then have a bit of ice cream on his nose.

        "Get this off my nose," he said, but it was evident that he was trying not to laugh.  I nodded, trying to calm my laughter as I grabbed another napkin from the pile I had. 

        "Sorry, but you deserved it," I said, leaning over the table again and wiping Luke's nose off.

        "I didn't do anything to you, though!" he pointed out, now smiling though.