4

-Brianna's POV-

        "You're what?!" Sophie exclaimed, a bit loud since people glanced over at us.  School just ended and I was at my locker talking to Sophie and Ally.  I just explained to them what happened in English and about Luke being my partner.

        I nodded in response to Sophie.  "Yeah.  Partners.  For the entire year!"   still can't believe Mrs. Gregory paired Luke and I up, then saw how we interacted, and won't change us!

        "And you can't switch?"

        "Nope!" I said, popping the "p".  "She has the policy or rule or something.  She paired us up on purpose so we could "become closer"," I imitated Mrs. Gregory and put air quotes up.  I shook my head after and shut my locker.

        "Well how about to cheer you up, we do something fun!" Ally suggested, smiling brightly. 

        "Yeah!  We could all hang out and do homework together!" Sophie agreed, becoming excited as well.  I gave them both a smile.  Their idea of fun was...different.  I mean, I don't mind doing homework, I would just rather do something like write.  I would never tell Sophie and Ally that though.

        I opened my mouth to speak but was cut off by my brother.  "Hey, we need to go!"  he reminded as he approached us.  Luke and Brook followed him, Luke's arm around her. 

        I mentally rolled my eyes at them before replying.  "I'm going to Ally's house,actually.  We're doing homework."

        "No, you can't go," Mikey said.

        I furrowed my eyebrows.  "Why not?  I barely do anything and the one time I want to you won't let me?"

        I heard Brook chuckle.  "You never do anything?  Shocker," she said sarcastically.

        I rolled my eyes and ignored her comment.  "You have other plans," Mikey told me, as if I was supposed to remember.

        I just stared at him though, confused.  "Other plans?"  I questioned.  Since when do I have other plans?  And what would they even be?  And how did my brother remember them and not me?

        "Wait, she's coming?"  Luke asked Mikey, not sounding the east bit happy.  What was going on and why was Luke part of it?

        "Yeah, she has to.  She's my sister and she needs to come to our first gig!" Mikey replied, my eyes widening. 

        "You guys actually got a gig?!" I caught, surprised.  They've been a band for a few years now, but I didn't think they would actually get a gig!  I'm surprised they're even still together!

        "Yeah, just in the park.  We have to hurry though so we aren't late!"  Mikey said, taking me by the arm and dragging me.  I looked back at Sophie and Ally, giving them an apologetic look. 

        When we reached the car, Mikey let go of my arm and I walked to the passenger seat.  I buckled up, but heard the back doors opening and looked back to find Luke and Brook.  I gave a glare to Mikey, he knew I hated both of them and they both hate me.

        He noticed my look and sighed.  "They don't have a ride and we need to hurry!" he whispered, making sure they wouldn't hear.  I rolled my eyes though, figuring they were too busy making out to hear anyway.

        I sat back in my seat and crossed my arms, letting my brother drive.  I did not want to go to their gig.  Yes, I honestly wanted to support my brother because we actually had a nice relationship, but I hear them play all the time at home.  The worst part was the fact Brook was going.  I could barely deal with Luke and Brook on alone, but when they're together they're probably even worse.  I subtly looked back to see what they were doing.  Brook had her legs resting over Luke and they were making out.  I literally gagged as I turned back around.  I'm just glad I wasn't stuck in the back this time.