29

-Brianna's POV-

        School felt weird without Luke.  It's sad that the entire week I probably won't see him because our next meeting is on Saturday, and of course he's gonna work with the band.

        I sat in the back of Mikey's car with Sophie climbing in behind me.  Calum sat in the front today, and I wondered if Ash was just driving himself or something.  I pushed the thought behind though.

        "So, do you think we can finally start working on our presentation?" I asked Sophie as Mikey and Calum started their own conversation about one of their songs.

        "I think so, we have a lot of information and already known knowledge about fluorine, so we should be good," Sophie nodded.

        "What the hell is fluorine?" Mikey asked, getting into our conversation now.

        "Weren't you talking about your band in your own conversation?" I questioned, knowing he would make fun of me for talking about school as soon as we got out of it.

        "Brianna!" Sophie scolded like she usually does.  "It's an element, like helium or oxygen," Sophie explained in a way for Mikey to understand.  Mikey has repeated a grade for a reason, along with Ash and Calum.  Luke is actually the only one who hasn't.

        "So you're talking about science?  Right after school?" Mikey said, him and Calum started laughing, just like I predicted.  I rolled my eyes, feeling bad for Sophie.

        "We're doing a project in science, which is why I'm coming over," Sophie defended, remaining calm though.

        Mikey stopped laughing, Calum following.  "Oh, that makes sense."  Wait, what?

        "I guess..." Calum trailed off.

        Sophie sat there, pleased as Mikey continued.  "Yeah, you're about to work on it.  Of course you guys will get a good grade on it."  What has gotten into my brother?

        "Thank you," Sophie nodded in approval, smiling at Mikey who was looking at her through the rear-view mirror.  He smiled back, pulling into our driveway.  That was weird.

        I bent down and grabbed my backpack as  Sophie and Calum opened thire doors and Mikey took the keys out.  I heard Calum as I reached for the door handle.

        "Luke?" Calum called, gaining my attention.  I looked out the window, and sure enough, there was Luke waiting on our porch.  Luke, early?  Even for band practice?

        I opened the door, walking next to Sophie.  I kept my eyes on Luke who was smiling at Mikey and Calum.  "Hey, about time you guys showed up!" he joked, his eyes traveling over to me..  His smile growing a bit, the look in his eyes softening as our eyes met.  "Hey, Brie."

        "Hey, Luke," I replied, not sure what to do after yesterday.

        "Um...what's going on between you two?" Mikey spoke up, making us break eye contact.

        "Nothing, just saying hi," Luke told him, his hands in his pockets.

        "You were staring at each other, and not for a regular few seconds," Calum said, a playful look on his face.  They were becoming suspicious already.  Did we want them to know?  I mean, is it necessary?  We aren't technically dating.

        "Brie had some food in her teeth," Luke lied.  Guess we aren't telling them.

        I rolled my eyes.  "Yeah, and Luke was making a stupid face...oh wait, that's just what he looks like," I played along.  If he was making me look bad, I was doing the same to him.