43

Brianna's POV

I sighed as Mikey finally got to the car, unlocking it and allowing both of us to get in. I buckled up and waited as Mikey pulled out and started driving home.

"What took you so long?" I asked him, a bit frustrated that he left me waiting and basically screwed up my entire schedule.

"Teacher held me back," he replied, keeping his eyes on the road. I furrowed my eyebrows, staring at him. Mikey never got held back by the teacher, and if he did he usually just left them. Either way it wouldn't take him ten minutes to talk to the teacher. Mikey glanced at me, noticing I was staring. "What?"

"What's the real reason?"

"That is the real reason!" he answered, his voice rising as he defended himself.

I rolled my eyes, glad my brother was a bad liar in this situation. "You're lying, and you're doing a terrible time hiding it."

"Hey! I was doing decent! Better than usual!"

"So you were lying?" I challenged. Mikey let out a breath, shaking his head. "C'mon, Mikey! Just tell me, it isn't that big of a deal!" I tried convincing him.

"It isn't, but I don't want to talk about it with you."

"Why not?" I snapped, feeling a bit offended he couldn't tell me specifically. I mean, we're so close that he's told me when he smoked, went out to a party, and even tried drugs! I softened though, knowing the only reason Mikey wouldn't tell me something. "Does it have to do with Luke?" I asked softly.

There was silence, and that's all I needed to answer my question. I looked down at my hands, my mood changing as I thought about Luke again. Mikey noticed and spoke up. "Look, he was just talking to me about the...situation. I pretty much ignored him though and told him to leave you alone," he explained.

"I don't know if I want him to leave me alone, Mikey."

"What? After what he did to you, you still want him around?!" Mikey exclaimed.

"Well, I've been thinking about it, and I might have overreacted. I mean, I didn't even let him explain himself! I just flipped out and left him!"

"You had every right to flip out and leave him though! He doesn't deserve you, Brianna! You should just end it like it is so you don't get any more involved with him," Mikey advised me.

I sighed, looking out the window. "If it was that easy, I would."

The rest of the week, Luke didn't seem to bother me at all. I don't know if it was because what I told him, what Mikey told him, or a mix of both. Maybe it was something else! Either way, I was kind of sad that he wasn't talking to me or even trying, it made me miss him even more. I was still debating over what I was gonna do. Break up with Luke, make up, hear his explanation, etc. Whatever I decide, it was going to be soon because I can't wait on the fence any longer.

It was Friday, and Luke wasn't talking to me again. When the bell rang and school ended, I walked to my locker. I did what I usually do and got what I needed, which was nearly nothing since it was the weekend. When I closed the locker, Luke was standing there, making me jump a bit.