30

-Luke's POV-

The entire week was pretty repetitive. I'd wait at home while everyone was at school, go to the Clifford's house a few minutes before they got home, spend a minute with Brie on her porch, and then practice with the band. It's not that bad.

Today was Saturday though and Brie and I had scheduled to go to the movies as part of our English project thing, but it was a bit weird now that we have...whatever this thing is.

I knocked on her door, not even waiting a minute before Brie opened the door. I chuckled at her appearance, finding it quite adorable. I stopped myself, wondering how I was thinking these thoughts. I would never even consider these kind of thoughts before, and now I was having them without a problem!

Brie stepped back behind the door, probably embarrassed about her pajamas. "Um...hey Luke."

"Hey, we didn't really plan a time to go to the movies, and I'm not doing anything right now so...want to go?" I asked, hoping that didn't come off as me asking her out. "You know, for the project," I added, a bit awkward.

"Oh, yeah! Um...what time is it?"

"It's like five, is that okay?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, let me just...you know...get dressed," she gave an awkward laugh. Maybe that's one of the things that drew me to her, she's just as awkward as me.

"Okay, I'll...wait out here."

"No, step inside. I won't be too long but you might as well wait in here," she opened the door wider. I sighed, nodding and stepping in. She ran upstairs and left me to close the front door.

I waited for about a minute until I heard footsteps, Michael walking in the room. He smiled once he saw me and walked over. "Hey, what are you doing here?"

"Me and Brie are going to see a movie," I answered, causing Michael to raise an eyebrow. My eyes widened as I realized how that sound, quickly adding, "For our English project!"

Michael chuckled. "I wouldn't think that you'd do it for any other reason. Although, you have been getting along lately," Micahel said suspiciously.

I gave a nervous laugh. "We've just gotten to know each other from the project. We're gonna be talking about movies and stuff like that tonight, obviously."

He nodded, staring at me and making me feel a bit uncomfortable. "Why do you seem so nervous?"

I cleared my throat. "Um, I'm not. I'm not nervous, why would I be nervous?"

Michael shrugged. "I don't know. There's not some other motive for you two going to the movies?"

I was about to reply, but Brie came downstairs looking like her cute, innocent self. Okay, my thoughts are getting weirder and weirder. But I'm thankful she came down when she did.

"Hey, Mikey. We're going to the movies so we'll be back around seven," she told her brother as she slipped some flats on.

"Okay...I'll be here..." Michael trailed off, eyeing the two of us. We both just gave him innocent grins, Brie pulling it off better than me. She naturally has this innocent look. It's a nice change from Brook's "sexy" appearance.

"So, what were you two talking about?" Brie asked once we were in the car.

I made sure to keep my eyes on the road, kind of glad I didn't have to make eye contact to tell her me and Michael were talking about me and her. "Um...nothing much. He just wanted to know what I was doing there."