46

Brianna's POV

I smoothed out , making sure that I looked presentable. My dad was taking Luke and I out to dinner tonight, and I was completely nervous. My dad still didn't know the Luke I was dating was Luke Hemmings, and I'm still not sure how he'll feel once he does find out. I can only imagine how Luke is feeling. He has to make a good impression on him, which should be easier than what it would've been a month ago. He's really changed for the better, and I was proud of him. But would it be enough for my dad to let us date?

The doorbell rang and I raced downstairs, already knowing it was Luke. I opened the door, my eyes widening a bit once I saw was actually a bit dressed up. We weren't going anywhere too fancy so he wasn't wearing a tux, but he also wasn't wearing his usual band tee. He did however manage to still wear his flannel, which I thought was pretty cute.

"Luke...you're...you're...actually dressed wonderfully!" I complimented him, still a bit surprised.

He smirked. "Is what I usually wear never wonderful?" He questioned.

"No! I love the way you dress! It's just...now...you know...you're..."

"Trying to look nice? You can say it," he finished my sentence. I smiled, hugging him. "Just don't always expect it."

"I could never expect as much from you all the time," I joked, pulling away. Although, it's kinda true.

"I just won't ever be able to look half as good as you," he smiled at me as I shut the door.

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Don't even play that game," I said, making Luke laugh and wrap his arm around my waist and kiss the top of my head.

"Was that Luke? I have to...oh, it's this Luke!" My dad came into the room. "Michael is up in his room," my dad told Luke as he looked at his phone, then looking back up. "Luke...you're dressed nicely."

"Thank you Mr. Clifford. It's for a good reason," Luke replied.

My dad furrowed his eyebrows in confusion at first, then his eyes moved to Luke's arm around my waist and gave a shocked expression instead. He looked to me before speaking. "This is the Luke you were talking about? He's your boyfriend? You two are dating?"

I gave a sheepish smile and nodded. "Yeah, we are," I breathed out, my heart pounding with nerves.

"Well...then I guess we can go out now..." My dad trailed off before leading the way outside to the car. Luke and I glanced at each other before following him and preparing ourselves for the night to come.

"So, I have to say...I'm surprised to see that you're dating. I mean, you two would always fight when I was home, and I'm sure you did when I wasn't home too," my dad started conversation once we were seated in the restaurant.

"We did fight a lot, but it was because we were so different and didn't actually know each other," I explained to my dad.

"How did you get to know each other then?" He asked. I looked to Luke, wanting him to talk a little so my dad wouldn't think I was the only one who would. Luke has to make a good impression.