41

like can we all agree that luke has been looking A+ lately with :) that :) beard :) :) :)

I was sitting in Luke's room, waiting for him to show up for a good forty five minutes before the door finally opened.

I quickly got on my knees on the mattress of his bed and held up my hands once he came into view, "I know this makes me look crazy, but Calum and Michael told me to wait for you." I quickly defended my reason for being in here.

"What?" He asked flipping off the hood of his jacket, revealing his blonde hair.

I shook my head, "Never mind, it's a confusing story. Anyways, where ya been?" I asked, lightly easing into asking him why he ignored my call.

I don't know if I fully trust Luke. I like to think I do, but whenever he does stuff like this I always fear the worst. What if he's back in business with Charlie? I never truly know what he's up to. For all I know, he could be selling for a different dealer now with Ashton. Maybe that was their new 'jobs.'

He walked over to stand in front of me. Because I was still on my knees on his bed, our height matched for once. "Nowhere important." He replied.

Vagueness is never a good sign. Especially with Luke.

"You ignored my call." I informed him.

"I did?"

I knew he was most likely playing dumb because when you ignore someone's call it's usually not by accident. You ignore them because you don't want to talk to them. My guess is that Luke was out doing something that he didn't want me to know about. Either good or bad. I've learned to expect the worst from past incidents.

"Yeah, you did." I said in total monotone. Did I sound annoyed? Good, that was my intention.

He reached for my waist and placed his large hands on either side of me, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." He answered and leaned in to kiss my cheek.

Bullshit. You don't just silence someone's call and not 'mean' to do it.

"I feel like you're hiding something." I blurted before my brain could tell me not to say it.

This should get the ball rolling...

Dumbfounded, he pulled his head back in confusion before raising an eyebrow up at me questioningly, "What could I be hiding from you, baby?"

"I don't know. You tell me." I spat. My filter must not be working very well today.

He took a step closer to me and moved his hands up to both of my cheeks to cup them. He held my face in place so I couldn't look away from his eyes. All I was focusing on was his beautiful baby blues, and that was my weakness, "You said no more secrets, right?"

I basically melted and turned to putty in his hands. I reached up and laced my fingers around his wrists to rub my thumbs against his skin, "Right."

He just looked at me and his eyes softened. He drew in a breath right before he spoke, "I was doing a drug test."

My grip on his wrists tightened, "For what?" I questioned.

"I don't want to tell you until I have a definite answer." He replied.

"Just tell me."

"Rebecca, I don't think-"

"Tell me." I repeated. I was desperate to know why he was taking a drug test. Was it required after being in boot camp, and I just didn't know about it? Was he named by Charlie and the cops wanted to know if he using?

He removed his hands from my cheeks and allowed my hands to slide into his grasp. He held up my right hand in his, and his index finger and thumb started toying around with the ring on my finger. It was the ring he got me for Christmas.

I still wear it everyday because I loved it that much. It was insanely special to me because nobody has ever gotten me a gift like that before.

"Luke?" I voiced, still trying to get him to tell me. His eyes were locked onto the ring he gave me and before I knew it, he placed a kiss on the finger with the ring on it.

"I love you." He whispered right after he left the kiss.

I was stunned. Not that I wasn't delighted to hear it, but why now?! Was he trying to distract me? I couldn't help but to wonder...

"Why does that sound like a goodbye?" I asked.

He brought his head up to meet his eyes with mine once again. I watched as his eyelashes batted slowly as he blinked a few times, "How does 'I love you' sound like 'goodbye?'" He questioned with a slight chuckle.

I started to blush and get a flustered, "I don't know you like totally changed the subject and ignored the issue by saying something you usually say when you're about to leave and I don't know I'm dumb-" I rambled.

"Don't say that. I have something else for you to say." He cut me off.

"What?"

He quickly grabbed my hips and and pushed me down onto the bed, landing with my back first. His body quickly found its way to on top of mine. I let out a really unattractive noise because of how startled I was from his sudden attack, but let's pretend like it never happened.

"Say you love me back." He suggested.

I smiled and reached up to run a hand through his blonde locks. His hand that wasn't supporting his body up found a strand of my hair and pushed it away from my face. "I love you too, Luke." I replied.

That made him smile. He leaned down and held my cheek in his hand as he kissed me. He may have distracted me for now, but I still need an answer sooner or later.

He pulled away and dropped down into the space in his bed next to me, but kept an arm wrapped around me.

"Why do you have to wait for a definite answer?" I asked referencing to the earlier conversation.

"Do you trust me?" He asked before placing a kiss on my shoulder.

Did I?

"Yes." I replied before my mind would start flowing with reasons not to trust him. He came out and told me where he was, so why shouldn't I trust him?

"Trust that it's nothing to be concerned with right now, okay?"

I inhaled loudly while turning around to face him, "Okay." I finally gave in.

aw sorry about the
'rush-iness,' but cutesy and slightly dramatic fillers are just as good right????